• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Starscream

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    I recently purchased a Remington 700 .308. I want to learn to shoot long range 300 plus yards and I live in Marion County, does anyone know of a range or gun club I could join to have access to a long shooting range. Thank you in advance.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Hillside up in Ft Wayne has ranges up to 500 yards. There is another range up north near South Bend that has ranges out to 800 or so, but I can't remember the name. Most of the ranges in and around Indianapolis specifically are limited to about 100 yards max. You have to get about 2-3 counties away to find the 300 yard ranges, then about half way across the state to find all the long range places.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I recently purchased a Remington 700 .308. I want to learn to shoot long range 300 plus yards and I live in Marion County, does anyone know of a range or gun club I could join to have access to a long shooting range. Thank you in advance.

Crosley FW is 2 hr south, I would be glad to accompany you, it is 200 yards .....

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Hoosier Hills in Bartholomew has a 200 yd range.

I believe, though, that the group at Atterbury is what you're looking for. They shoot out to 1000 yds I believe. Not sure about 'practice' time, but I think that you're looking more for that type of a club .

Central Indiana Highpower Rifle Shooters

I am not a member...as that type of shooting isn't really my thing, but I should get a referral...I keep bringing them up to people.

OH, and WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Bass and Bucks in Wabash, Indiana. $15 a day to shoot and they have multiple ranges including...
    200 yards
    350 yards
    550 yards
    750 yards

leb2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    spencerville
    Hillside up in Ft Wayne has ranges up to 500 yards. There is another range up north near South Bend that has ranges out to 800 or so, but I can't remember the name. Most of the ranges in and around Indianapolis specifically are limited to about 100 yards max. You have to get about 2-3 counties away to find the 300 yard ranges, then about half way across the state to find all the long range places.

I belive they have a 1000 yd

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    $20/yer PROteq near Brazil has a 400 yard range that will become a 600 yard range when we are done working on it.

Looks like $20 for a general membership but an additional $60 to use the longer ranges and only after you've passed their written test? The proteq website looks like a cluster.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Post some facts about your interest. Have you been around firearms for a long time or are you new to the sport? What sparked your interest in long range? Do you want to shoot with a scope or classic "iron sights"? Do you want to shoot paper targets for accuracy or steel? Do you want to shoot competitively? All of these determine which direction you want to pursue.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Bass & Bucks in Wabash has a 700 yd but most of the time you have to walk to your target still a good range just a little cardio and youre good but my fav in NWI is Youngs Longshot in Wollcottville - 1000 yd w/ atv access to check/replace targets & lots of steel on each 100yd bunker - they also have a AWESOME trap range - highly suggest them

Top Bottom