• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    One of my customer's and his mom attend Longmire Days out in Wyoming every year when they had it in the author's hometown..the character Henry is based on hangs out and the cast get loaded and sing in the local bars...Well at first..I think Vic quit going when a drunken cowboy grabbed her buttocks...

(Rare Monday Indiucky post....Got to get stuff ready for my accountant...)

[video=youtube;fFI4xFA37uY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFI4xFA37uY[/video]

[video=youtube;OErsKIgRdUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OErsKIgRdUg[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Good show, but there sure was a lot of murder's for a small town. Per capa, that place is more dangerous than Chicago.

The area is downright safe compared to Cabot Cove, Maine. If you remained alive in Cabot Cove long enough to escape, fleeing would have been a number one priority. Jessica Fletcher was the freakin' Angel o' Death.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Long mire was s good series. May go back and rewatch it someday. The books are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So if I read the books will I be aggravated. I usually go in the other order, fan of the books (JRR Tokien, Lee Child, etc), watch the movie and get aggravated. If I like the TV series how will I feel about the books?

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    So if I read the books will I be aggravated. I usually go in the other order, fan of the books (JRR Tokien, Lee Child, etc), watch the movie and get aggravated. If I like the TV series how will I feel about the books?

I'd like to know this also. The books aren't cheap so if it's gonna peeve me off I'll save my money.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Another series to consider is “The Ranch.” Sam Elliott and Ashton Kutcher (sp) are most well know main characters. Right wing Viet Nam vet rancher and two adult sons trying to deal with life and some dysfunction. Some sex (nothing graphic) and some bad language. Multiple twists and turns.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I think the biggest issue with show first, books second is that you have an image of the physical appearance of the characters that are common to both. If the text doesn't match well with the casting, it could be irritating.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think the biggest issue with show first, books second is that you have an image of the physical appearance of the characters that are common to both. If the text doesn't match well with the casting, it could be irritating.

The book characters only partially match up the TV characters in appearance and personality, there is no Barlow, Branch, or Jacob and Walt's wife passed from cancer. My sons explained that to me long ago saying that every TV episode has to tell a story and at least partially stand alone in less than an hour's time. In my opinion the books are better than the TV, but part of that is just my being brought up on books rather than TV.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The book characters only partially match up the TV characters in appearance and personality, there is no Barlow, Branch, or Jacob and Walt's wife passed from cancer. My sons explained that to me long ago saying that every TV episode has to tell a story and at least partially stand alone in less than an hour's time. In my opinion the books are better than the TV, but part of that is just my being brought up on books rather than TV.

At least we had books! Think about those among us whose youth predated written language.

<cough>
    rimg.php

<cough>

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Just finished watching all the episodes of the show Longmire. As someone who is trapped in the metropolitan "pee pee soaked heckhole" known as Indianapolis, I love seeing wide open Wyoming. I may have even looked up a job that might be a good fit for me in Cheyenne and daydreamed on it hard. Anywho... I really enjoyed the show, it always made me want to take apart and oil up the old Winchester 94 =D

Anyone else have a similar feeling or otherwise about the show? Discuss!

Hey, thanks for the heads up!

I have never heard of this show or series of books.

I looked it up and watched the first episode tonight. It looks like a good show. It's been a while since I've seen one.

Some good shots of some beautiful country....and yes, plenty of screen time for one of my favorite rifles!

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    Longmire was one of my all time favorite series. I watched Yellowstone this summer and I'm now watching The Ranch on Netflix to get my mountains fix. We went to Winter Park, Co for a week in 2016. Man how I miss the mountains.

Top Bottom