Look at this crap being taught in schools...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    If My son has these kind of laws thrown at him, that teacher will not find any support for my child's insubordination, from me. First thing I'll be teaching him, will be to question authority and know the truth. I would also complain about this all the way up the chain, every co-worker in all schools from that district (even janitors). I the upper administration int he district or school makes no moves on the issue, hopefully that teacher would be looked at differently by their co-workers for many many years.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Here's a curious question.

A kid eats a poptart and is suspended for creating a 'gun'. A kid shows a picture of his airsoft pistol on his phone, and gets suspended...

Yet they hand out papers with pictures of guns on them to the students for them to fill out? I wonder what would happen if a kid cut that paper gun out... They would suspend that kid, but not the rest because the piece of paper was smaller? We all know that the paper insulating the outline of that gun makes it 'safe' where as removing that buffer makes that printed image of a gun a deadly weapon...

None of this makes any sense.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Here's a curious question.

A kid eats a poptart and is suspended for creating a 'gun'. A kid shows a picture of his airsoft pistol on his phone, and gets suspended...

Yet they hand out papers with pictures of guns on them to the students for them to fill out? I wonder what would happen if a kid cut that paper gun out... They would suspend that kid, but not the rest because the piece of paper was smaller? We all know that the paper insulating the outline of that gun makes it 'safe' where as removing that buffer makes that printed image of a gun a deadly weapon...

None of this makes any sense.
    For them, it's okay to trample the rights of others as long as it isn't done to them. That's how they play.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I don't understand these people and their fascination of taking away the right to self defense. I'm beginning to think they're more fascinated with guns than their victims.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    I really hope my kids never come home with this kind of "homework". I might be taking the next day off and go and explain to the class the real 2A meaning, and than have a nice private chat with the teacher about throwing this propaganda BS to my child.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Public school is a game. Play the game well, win the prize. In this case, the prize is a high GPA to get scholarships and into a good college.

Obviously homeschooling is ideal. But if my kids went to a public school, I wouldn't be picking fights with their teachers over politics or encouraging my kids to do it. Game plan: Go to school, get an A. Then come home and get a real education, including politics and history.

Antagonizing these idiots will earn you a nice warm fuzzy feeling and your child a target on his back.

Just my two cents.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Public school is a game. Play the game well, win the prize. In this case, the prize is a high GPA to get scholarships and into a good college.

Obviously homeschooling is ideal. But if my kids went to a public school, I wouldn't be picking fights with their teachers over politics or encouraging my kids to do it. Game plan: Go to school, get an A. Then come home and get a real education, including politics and history.

Antagonizing these idiots will earn you a nice warm fuzzy feeling and your child a target on his back.

Just my two cents.

Those prizes are not unique to the government schools. :-) Lots if scholarship money goes to home educated students. I would be interested in knowing the average award per applicant comparison between government school graduates and homeschoolers.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Those prizes are not unique to the government schools. :-) Lots if scholarship money goes to home educated students. I would be interested in knowing the average award per applicant comparison between government school graduates and homeschoolers.

Oh, I'm certainly with you there.

I was just pointing out that if you insist on public schooling for your kids, you might as well teach them to play to win. Not play to lose. They're going to have to do the same in college.

Arguing with teachers about politics will get them nowhere.

Top Bottom