Look at what I bought at GM in Greenwood!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I stopped in again this morning. I stop in a couple of times a week.
    I haven't found any gear related deals except for a couple pairs of boots, Insulated camo coveralls, and a "demo" gun vise/tote.
    I was going to buy these items anyway to refresh my normal gear which is showing it's age.
    Oh, I hate new boots. I might like them in a couple of years.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Went by there this morning myself and bought nothing. The front of the store is plastered with signs saying "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS". And there it is right smack in the middle of doors, entry and exit, "NOW HIRING"! I thought about asking for an application just to see the reaction.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Went by there this morning myself and bought nothing. The front of the store is plastered with signs saying "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS". And there it is right smack in the middle of doors, entry and exit, "NOW HIRING"! I thought about asking for an application just to see the reaction.

The Greenwood store is to remain open from what I've been told.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I was in Metropolis, IL last weekend for an archery tourney. We stayed in Paducah and checked out the GM there. They had sold or gotten rid of a bunch of stuff. Footwear was slim, camping didnt have much. I did buy a box of Hornady Interlock in 243 for $14. There was a few other things I would have bought if I had more money. They actually had some good deals.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

The Greenwood store is to remain open from what I've been told.

The people who own the stuff on the shelves are not the same ones who bought the company. ALL inventory was sold to a liquidator, but some stores will reopen with new merchandise.

Once the liquidator gets rid of the current stock, some stores like Greenwood will close, be refitted with new infrastructure and new inventory, and reopened after retraining the staff in the new ways of the operations.

So its not quite as ironic as it sounds.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and it reminds me of a funny story. An acquaintance from back in the day managed a computer store. (late 90s) He got word from corporate that they were closing the store in a pretty crappy way and they were expecting unrealistic things in the deal. I dont recall details but he and his crew REALLY got shafted. Why they didnt just give corporate the middle finger and walk out I dont know.

Instead they had a banner printed up to display in the window until they were done liquidating:

"FIRE SALE! EVERYONE IS FIRED, SO EVERYTHING IS ON SALE!!!"

What were they going to do? Fire them?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Went there a few weeks ago with my wife. She picked out some girly looking flip flops. She finally realized they were mens when her size didn't fit. She looks at me and says what man would buy these? I said your brother! (who is gay)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I stopped back in about an hour and a half ago. I bought a couple of scopes, Leupold VX1 3x9, Bushnell 4x12x40 A0, Leupold Rings and Bases, Weaver rings, and an assortment of Blizzard Lens covers. 50% off accessories, 30% off the scopes.
    Then I went next door to WalMart and they had some CCI SV .22lr so I bought that up.
    NO Bacon was purchased.

Top Bottom