• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kriggo15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Southern IN
    So I've decided to buy the 91/30. I have never bought a firearm over the internet or had one transferred so I am unfamiliar with the process. Do I go through my local gun shop to purchase or buy online and have it transferred to local gun shop?

Oliver08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Grant county,IN
    Get the address or fax number off of AIMs website. ake it to your dealer have him mail or fax his ffl info to them. then place your order and have it shipped to your dealers address. when it gets in go do the paperwork there and take it home. Talk to your dealer to fnd out the small points of the transaction.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Have some fun. See if you can find a slip on shotgun recoil pad, and/ or make sure you wear a layer of clothing or two to absorb the recoil. The blast noise is also high, wear your hearing protectors. It is fun to have a sand bag or two to prone out when you shoot, and a spotters scope or binocs to view your hits. start at 100 yds, and remember the rifle is sighted in meters, so adjust accordingly. Love mine, just soaked the barrel and bolt in a 5 gal bucket, hot water and dawn(blue for dishes) and get the cosmo out. Clear barrel w/ patches, relube with gun oil and good to go. Watch out, these multiply like rabbits.

kriggo15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Southern IN
    I keep hearing about them multiplying like rabbits. I'm guessing because they are fun to shoot, cheap, and historical? Does it matter which Dawn soap specifically? Is there a chemical you should not use?

kb66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    Kriggo15, If you have a Dunham's Sporting Goods in your area, check their weekly sales circular. They will run the Mosins on sale about every other week for around $80-$90. This might save you from having to pay shipping and a transfer fee.

kriggo15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Southern IN
    I don't have a Dunham's within 100 miles of me. I'm going to get the hex so it will end up costing me $105 after transfer and shipping.

Is it worth the extra $10 to have them hand pick one or is this just a ploy to get more money for a random selection?

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I also read and have used windex on the bore to scrub the varnish out after shooting military grade ammo. Soak your patches with windex, then soapy mix, then dry patches till crud is out. It took me about 25 patches to clean mine and now it is spotless and rifling appears great. Use whatever Dawn you have. I had blue, but apple smells nice. Use gun oil to lube or, I have used break free and then oil. Some people use break free all the time. Wipe off excess oil from all the blue with a oil treated rag. I wouldn't leave wet, just wipe. Mine is a 1928 Hex from markings. Read up on the websites for Mosin, lots of info. The bayonet is still wrapped in the original shipping wrap in the box. I think it would do good shish ka bobs on the barbie.

Top Bottom