• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'd shoot the full-sized versions of whatever you were interested in, and then go buy the compact version of the one you liked the most.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I own a XD .45 Compact. Allows you to carry with the 10 round magazine, and use full size 13 rnd. magazines for backup ammo or range time. Also might look at the XDm 3.8.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Consider a Glock in 45 GAP (G-37,38,39).. 9mm size, 45 Ballistics. You can't get the ammo at Wal-mart but it's a great pistol.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Gratefulmedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Springfield xd is going to be offering a very nice compact .45 soon. I was checking it out at the NRA convention. It was a single stack, and I think it held 5+1, with an extended mag option of 7+1. It was just less than a inch think. I think they called it the xds, and the guy said that the msrp was going to be around $600.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Bersa Thunder 45CC is a nice gun. It runs around $450 new, to around $325 used. They carry a lifetime warranty and really are nice little guns. It's almost completely ambidextrous and has a decocker/safety.

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    29xdro4.gif

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    Compact 45

I would recommend a Kimber Ultra Carry. Very light, compact and accurate. My Ultra Carry has been at my side for 10 years with total reliability. I bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm looking at the Taurus pt145, you might check it out.

There are several suitable choices. I can only speak to the one I own and have run rounds through. That's the PT145 45ACP. Mine has been flawless so far. 22 ounces, 10+1 with a standard double stack magazine. It is 1.25" wide at the grip so for long duration carry with an IWB holster it can become a small PITA. That being said, I carry mine all the time. That new XD-M 45ACP is almost the same if you look at the specs. Nearly identical weight, size, capacity, etc..but nearly double the price. Some people will swear by a name brand, but like I said, I can only speak to what I have personally experienced, and the Taurus has been rock solid for me. No regrets.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Springfield XDs. Super thin and compact with 5+1 rounds of .45 ACP sweetness. Or the HK USP .45 compact. You can find them as police trade ins for a decent price.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Could I ask why a .45?
    Is your wife a tough lady, or has she shot before? I ask because a .45 could turn a new shooter off of shooting, low round capacity, questionable accuracy on compact's.
    They are expensive to shoot and if you are new shooters, you could buy 9 or .40 much cheaper allowing you to do more shooting and in the end makeing you a better more confident shooter. (unless you have a pocket full of cash, then I can't relate).
    I know my girlfriend loves to shoot, but can't stand .45's
    IMO- loud, obnoxious and expensive.... Not saying I wouldn't own one, but probly wouldn't choose it as the family house and range gun myself.
    images

Top Bottom