• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ok, thanks for the feedback all. Looks like the XD is a safe bet but did we determine $400 for a new XD 5" Tactical is a good buy? Also, if the gun is say a few years old but has never been fired is it really still considered new? Should I just buy online?:dunno: Thanks

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    You can get them online for $399 bnib. That's for the 4" standard version.

I'd say it's a fine deal. Either way, you're getting a bnib xd for $400. So it's up to you.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    As mentioned before, the prices are all over the map. I got an XD-9 4" Service for $399 + tax at the 1500 back in June from ZX Gun.

I'd say $400 for the 5" tactical is a great buy, $450 if it is actually basically new. They're not really in stock most places it seems, so if the place cwagner suggested actually has them for somewhere in that range, probably a good idea to jump on it.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Really? Hmmm... I thought they were closer to the $550/$650 range. Ill have to do some more looking

WHERE?

I have an XD and have gotten tired of the bulk, I would consider an XD sub-compact in 9mm my next go around.

Yep, I'm sure. Bought a XD-40sc from ZX Guns from Goshen at the 1500. No "gear", just a pistol case and magazines. Although looking at his website it lists the XD-9 at $430.78

With the gear the XD-40 Service/Subcompact runs ~$469 at PSS last I looked.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    If it's the tactical 5" model, I'd say jump on it. They're typically more expensive than the 3.5 or 4 inch versions, which are normally $400.

Or, give me the guys phone number, and I'll get it and let you know how it shoots :)

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have an older xd40 and love it! That's interesting abou the possible inferior finishes on older ones. I found a bit of rust on mine about a yr ago and mine has been babied! A coat of oil and its perfect again, and never seen it since. I had chaulked it up as a fluke.... Anyway, mine shoots 100% always, nice trigger, comfy to shoot too. My buddy has the longer barrel one and it shoots great too!

I just recently bought an XDS as well for EDC and have nothing bad to say about that either! First round was a fail to feed, but 100% after that. Probably user error... cant *****foot around with it. it likes to be racked hard! Used lots of random ammo (leftover stuff) and zombie rds used and all is good!

Good luck!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The early bi-tones would discolor or rust. Not to sure there are generations some of them had stainless slides that have a $100 price increase. I'd be all over that XD-Tac for $400. That's a good standard price, tactical's are a little more and more accurate and more hard to find.

Here's a good link: XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I have 2 XD pistols in .45 ACP and I reload. Only 2 reloading-related complaints: (1) Gun will not feed LSWC bullets, but all factory JHP ammo works just fine. (2) If you seat a RN lead bullet out too far, it tends to jam into the rifling and will not allow the barrel to lock. The XD will not fire if this happens, but the stuck round must be removed. these are QC issues for handloaded ammo only. I carry either one of these guns as my EDC. These guns (a 4" and 5" Tactical, both on the compact frame) are accurate and easy to shoot.

Stringtown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    I have an XD 9mm with a 4.5"barrel and love it. I gave 450 new with 2 mags, holster, mag holder and quick loader. Mine also has the ported barrel (V 10 model). It shoots great and is very accurate. My wife even likes shooting it.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    For $400 and un-fired, I'd buy it if You like the pistol. 5" version is a little harder to find than other models, and I don't think you're getting hurt any at $400.

toomuchfun57

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    I have an XD .45 and really like it, no jams no feed problems shoots well. $450 seems like it might be a little on the high side...but what isnt right now

willie53

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Handled a xd 9m sc today, it was 479 new at lgs. but I drew a bad number like the BMV, still looking though, loved the feel

SethDennis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Indiana
    I have owned the full size xd 9 and now I carry the xd sub compact 9 and ive put prolly close to 1000 rounds through both of them and never had a problem out of either one and I've shot some of the worst ammo I could find.

Top Bottom