Looking at Chest Rigs. What do you guys run?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Over the years (not one word about my age as when I shave I am still 17) I have worn many different arrangements.

However, I have settled on the Eagle CP 223. I have worn it for the past 8 or 9 carbine classes.

I have a medical pouch on the left of the magazines and a pouch for four (4) 1911 mags on the right. Here's it is on the ready rack by the door. (Yes, I only keep one long gun on the ready rack when not going shooting the next day). I should get another one and put it in the truck or the BoB.

12-04-10_1845.jpg

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I had a simple chest rig with MOLLE webbing to add pouches and could not get used to it. Tactical Tailor makes a nice vest that I want to pick up after trying on and seeing another person run in a carbine class. It just seemed to fit me better and a little more comfortable over the regular rig.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Over the years (not one word about my age as when I shave I am still 17) I have worn many different arrangements.

However, I have settled on the Eagle CP 223. I have worn it for the past 8 or 9 carbine classes.

I have a medical pouch on the left of the magazines and a pouch for four (4) 1911 mags on the right. Here's it is on the ready rack by the door. (Yes, I only keep one long gun on the ready rack when not going shooting the next day). I should get another one and put it in the truck or the BoB.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss20/ElTejon47901/Mobile Uploads/12-04-10_1845.jpg?t=1291506957

That looks like the M4 Molle LE:

Home :: Vests :: Chest Rigs :: Chest Rig M4, MOLLE, LE

I considered that one as well, but I would probably just add a couple pistol mag pouches anyways, which the CP .223 has already, plus it carries one more AR mag. Although I do like the quick release buckles on the shoulder straps the M4 Molle LE has.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    On the bottom left hand corner my rig reads "CR-M4-MS-LE-RG".

I have always referred to it as the CP 223. Forgive me for being off on the model.

I like having the medical kit on the rig. I hope I never have to use it but at least it goes where I go.

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    No biggie. I was confused for a while on all their different models. And then SKD tactical has their own variations also. :rolleyes:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Yes, I can then in any color Specter makes them in. OD, Black, Coyote Tan, ACU, ABU and MultiCam

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    I have switched over to an Eagle All Molle Chest Rig(SKD Version).
    I really like being able to configure it to the situation at hand, great quality at good price. I need to get an h-harness though!

Top Bottom