• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Ankle carry is slow from a standing position but great for sitting, 2" Taurus 85 is inexpensive, reliable and well made. Not a S&W or Colt but also 1/4th the cost. If you can afford look into the Rohrbaugh. Smallest 9mm ever made but TOTALLY reliable but run $899-$1500. I have 4 and carry one 24/7.

I have to agree with your comments about the Taurus 85. The RM380 is a Rohrbaugh clone(Remington bought them). I have around 300 rds thru mine and it's never had a failure of any kind.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    First: Follow your employers rules rather you agree with them or not. We don't want to see your arrest on the evening news as the good guy that ends up arrested in a defensive situation.

Lots of small J-frame revolvers and semi autos will ankle carry well. You don't want to move it any higher than needed or you will struggle to access in a stress situation. Scrubs tend to be so lightweight as to print easily.

Check out the belly band styles also.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    LCP in an ankle rig or belly band as already stated. See if anyone has the original LCP pistols still in stock - they are under $200 now.

95% chance you will try to ankle carry a 'single stock 9mm' like a M&P shield or bersa BP9 exactly ONE time. They aren't that big or heavy compared to a full sized service pistol, but they are still FAR beyond what most people are going to tolerate strapped to their ankle. I also doubt how well you are going to fit one in the leg of a scrub.

an LCP / P3AT / Beretta Tomcat is really as big as you want to go for anything that isn't going to be carried in a real holster.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would consider the following:

Glock 42 .380acp, they are pretty small
    Glock 43 9MM, a little bigger than the 42
    And finally a J framed Smith that can fire .38+P's

Don't have your life depend on cheap guns, Glock's and J frames are very affordable and they will work when you need them too.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    First: Follow your employers rules rather you agree with them or not. We don't want to see your arrest on the evening news as the good guy that ends up arrested in a defensive situation.

Lots of small J-frame revolvers and semi autos will ankle carry well. You don't want to move it any higher than needed or you will struggle to access in a stress situation. Scrubs tend to be so lightweight as to print easily.

Check out the belly band styles also.
    He can’t be arrested for disobeying company policy?

JoshuaS4227

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2018
    Greenfield
    After much thought, I have come to the decision that it's not worth the stress of possibly losing my income. I don't have to like it,but it's in my family's best interest. I picked up a Taurus Millennium G2 and so far I really like it. Don't have anywhere near enough round through it to carry it yet and I need a good holster.

Thanks everyone for their input.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    After much thought, I have come to the decision that it's not worth the stress of possibly losing my income. I don't have to like it,but it's in my family's best interest. I picked up a Taurus Millennium G2 and so far I really like it. Don't have anywhere near enough round through it to carry it yet and I need a good holster.

That sounds like a well thought out and reasonable decision.

A Smith and Wesson J frame in a smart carry would be deeply concealed and reasonably accessible.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    Look into the Rohrbaugh. it's the SMALLEST, LIGHTEST, 13.8 oz unloaded, 9mm ever made. Not cheap but hand built like a Rolex.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    NAA for something super small.

1. I have had one (.22 magnum) for decades, and never liked it b/c I could only get one finger on it to grip, but it was the ultimate in concealability.
    2. I was finally going to sell it since I never carry it anymore, but just this week I got a new larger handle (not the Black Widow) for it that allows for a 2-finger grip like most other subcompacts.
    3. Can't wait to take it to the range and see if it is easier to grip and just a bit more accurate.
    4. I'd like to do the same for my 1990 Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 (1911-style) that only holds 5 rounds. I would like to find a pinky-extension for it b/c I have never liked the grip on that either, but I'm afraid to order anything b/c they didn't make the 5 round mag but for a moment, and everything seems to be for the 6-round, which seems interchangeable with the P238 as well???

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    I work in a nursing home and wear dress pants so my CC of choice Is My Bodyguard 380 with an Uncle Mike's ankle holster

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I don't blame you. My company has a no gun policy. I do not wear one when I am around other company people. It just isn't worth the risk of losing my job.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    I don't blame you. My company has a no gun policy. I do not wear one when I am around other company people. It just isn't worth the risk of losing my job.

When I was working the company also had a 'no gun policy.' I would rather risk loosing a job but I carried every day.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I wear scrubs (Carharrt brand) with a tactical belt and can carry an S&W Shield in a Desantis IWB holster with little chance of detection and a lot of comfort.

Top Bottom