Looking at XDsc .40 tomorrow have a few questions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • golfinfool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Brazil, Indiana
    I'm going to look at an XDsc .40 tomorrow that is for sale locally. The guy said its only had maybe 200 rds through it. He is asking $600, which I think is a little much. It has all the factory items (case, holster, mag holster) it also has tactical flashlight, original carry case, 3 20 rd stick mags, 3 12 rd mags, 3 9 rd mags, speed loader, holster and cleaning kit. Also included are 408 rounds of 165 grain ammo and 33 rds of Winchester ranger hollow points. Do you guys think this is a little steep or ok with all the other items?

Thanks

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    It's good with all that stuff .. Gun is probably worth 425$ so 175 worth of stuff seems to be there for sure. The ammo alone is almost worth the price.

John1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Im knew here but saw your post and i just bought the same gun new thursday. It cost me $525 for gun and XD gear that comes in the box . Maybe that helps ?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    With all those magazines I guess I'm not buying the 200 round count.

Anyway, a new XDsc with gear (1 short 1 long mag, mag pounch, holster, lock, case, mag loader) goes for ~$470-$480. Used, I would say $375-$450 range, condition dependant. (New XDsc w/o gear goes for $400-$425.)

Mags go for $25/ea, but I picked up three 12 rounders (long ones) for ~$60.

Used mags, I'd say the extra mags add $100, and around $140-$150 for the ammo.

I guess you could do worse.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    They make 20 round stick mags for them?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I need some!!!

Thats a pretty awesome deal, I would snag it if I were you. They are great guns, but in my experience they can be a bit finicky with ammo. Mine feeds pretty much everything except WWB and obviously Tula jams it up. Other than that no malfunctions that are not ammo related.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    With all the extras included it sounds pretty solid. If you dont pick it up someone else will. XD pistols seem to be picking up in popularity and that 600$ price seems to be common. Thats what I sold my XDM .45 for.

Top Bottom