• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Go to a gun store and see which fits your hand best. the Ruger Mark II, the Buckmark by browning, the Ruger bearcat, and walther p22 are all good options that i could recommend.

Icemancometh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    SUNNY SIDE OF THE RIVER
    While I am not a lady, my wife likes the feel of my Bersa Thunder 22. Its the size of a 380 and has been accurate and trouble free. It shoots the CCI mini mag 40 grain solids the best.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I bought for my wife's birthday a S&W Mod22A. I worked fine for the 1st thousand rounds, but it's been back to S&W twice since I bought it in April. I can't recommend this one and I loves Smith & Wesson products.

When I get it back I'll probably buy her a M&P 22 when I can find one.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    U22 Neos has slim grips and is reliable. Econo shooter and plenty accurate.

I've enjoyed shooting mine even though my hand doesn't exactly fit the design of the grip.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'm also in the market for a 22 to practice with. Since I carry a Glock 26, it's been difficult to find something similar to it.

I do not like the Walther P22, they are too small.

I shot a GSG1911-22 the other day though it is nothing like my Glock, the 1911 style intrigued me. I would have to get used to the safety on the backstrap, which I got caught not compressing hard enough a couple of times. It also seemed to throw some powder residue back at me as it cycled, so I'm not as convinced as I was on that one.

I like the Ruger Mark III. My husband has a Ruger Single Six and it is extremely accurate, but the Ruger Mark III is nothing like my Glock.

I have held a M&P22 and it felt the most like my carry gun. If I was going to buy one tomorrow this would be the gun. I know that doesn't really answer the OP's guestion, but those are this lady's opinions on the 22LR's I've been around and the reasons I like or don't like them.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I'm also in the market for a 22 to practice with. Since I carry a Glock 26, it's been difficult to find something similar to it.

I do not like the Walther P22, they are too small.

I shot a GSG1911-22 the other day though it is nothing like my Glock, the 1911 style intrigued me. I would have to get used to the safety on the backstrap, which I got caught not compressing hard enough a couple of times. It also seemed to throw some powder residue back at me as it cycled, so I'm not as convinced as I was on that one.

I like the Ruger Mark III. My husband has a Ruger Single Six and it is extremely accurate, but the Ruger Mark III is nothing like my Glock.

I have held a M&P22 and it felt the most like my carry gun. If I was going to buy one tomorrow this would be the gun. I know that doesn't really answer the OP's guestion, but those are this lady's opinions on the 22LR's I've been around and the reasons I like or don't like them.
    I have a ADVANTAGE conversion for my glock Advantage Arms Secure Online Store: Glock Conversion Kits and for the other lady looking for a 22LR pistol, I like shooting my accurate RUGER MARK II

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    My wife likes her Buckmark URX alot because of the grips and slim grip, and easy cycling slide (if it's already cocked). The only drawback is it requires tools to take down and clean and is kind of a pain. I have heard the Rugers are the same way. For me and my love of the 1911 my GSG is the perfect plinker

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    I'm a guy, but'll try to lend my advice. I have a Ruger Mark III. it shoots accurate and smooth. it is a pain to clean. my girlfreind also likes it, but only after she learned to keep her fingers below the slide.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a Ruger Mark III. it shoots accurate and smooth. it is a pain to clean.

ElTee, have you tried this?

Speed Strip Kit

SpeedStripKit.jpg

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Price range?

I think it will all come down to budget and what feels comfotable in your hand.

The Buckmark Camper and the Ruger 22/45 with the wood (cocobolo) grips can both can be had for $300 or maybe a bit less. Add a couple bills and you can have the Mark III Target or Hunter.

My wife likes her 22/45, and shot it for the first time last weekend. I like the Buckmark a little better, but it's real close. The Buckmark is very easy to field strip and clean.

Bersa is making the Thunder 22 again, and one might soon find it's way to my house. I have an old Erma/Excam that my FIL gave me; it's not reliable, but it is a fun little gun, so the Bersa will probably be even more fun.

If you carry a snub, a S&W J-frame Model 317 or 43C will give you more trigger time for less money.

Also from S&W, the K-frame Model 17 is an outstanding revolver... For less money the Ruger Single Six is also outstanding. I prefer the "old" 3-screw model, but the New Model has a transfer bar safety which allows carrying the gun with all six chambers loaded.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I have a ADVANTAGE conversion for my glock Advantage Arms Secure Online Store: Glock Conversion Kits and for the other lady looking for a 22LR pistol, I like shooting my accurate RUGER MARK II

I thought about the conversion kit, but for the money I could have a whole new gun. That way when ever I talked the daughter into shooting with me she would have one also. Do you really like your conversion kit? Any hiccup or problems.

Sorry to the OP for the :hijack:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I know the Buckmarks get high marks, but I've had nothing but headaches with ours. It wouldn't load a round after the previous one had been ejected. Never could figure out what the ultimate culprit was. And it wasn't worth sending away for work done.

It was replaced by the Ruger Mark III. So far, no problems.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I have a Taurus 22 mag revolver. I have not shot it yet. I am actually thinking of selling it so I can get another gun. I had a Walther p22 but it was too hard for me to pull the slide back so I sold it. Good luck with finding what you like and want.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Warsaw
    I have a Taurus 22 mag revolver. I have not shot it yet. I am actually thinking of selling it so I can get another gun. I had a Walther p22 but it was too hard for me to pull the slide back so I sold it. Good luck with finding what you like and want.
    I have the same problem with working the slides on some semi-autos.Lucky I was able to work the slide on the PX4 Audie purchased for me .

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Warsaw
    Forgot to add that I'll probably start shopping around for my 22 sometime next week. I know that Audie has been having an itch to add another rifle to his collection.

Top Bottom