..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    What do you have and what’s your experience?
    Any recommendations?
    My main requirement is that it use Glock 9mm magazines. Got plenty and would like to put them to use.
    Thanks
    Not that you did anything wrong, asking here, but here's a start, in the General Firearms section: Scroll to the top:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/best-pcc-option.546977/#post-9850281

Good advice here.
    This has been discussed here before, and is currently being hashed over in the thread link provided above.

Welcome to Ingo.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    I’m new and learning to navigate the forum. Sincerely appreciate your input. Sorry for breaking protocol.
    Can I ask how I would have gone about finding the thread before I posted?
    Thanks

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I’m new and learning to navigate the forum. Sincerely appreciate your input. Sorry for breaking protocol.
    Can I ask how I would have gone about finding the thread before I posted?
    Thanks

When people post a link like that, they are usually not yelling at you.
    They are just pointing it out, cause there is often useful info already discussed.
    And then, they often continue the discussion in the 'new' thread.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Had a first generation EXTAR EP9 pistol for a couple of years and it was flawless. Sold it in order to upgrade to the EP9 carbine. Very light, accurate, reliable and takes Glock mags.
    20211221_200837.jpg
    Adapted the brace to carry a spare mag.
    20211221_200726.jpg

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

You still need to buy a stock so it will be about 2k but these are very nice PCCs

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’ve posted on other threads but my choice is the Indiana made (chandler Indiana!) freedom ordnance FX9, I own a 16 inch carbine and use it in steel challenge and idpa (sometimes), takes Glock mags, can be found on sale at a very reasonable price (palmetto just had the pistol on sale for 599!)
    The customer service is amazing! One time someone drove there and they fixed their gun while they waited! (And while one of the owners was fixing it, the owners wife gave him a tour of the plant!) another time someone emailed them with a problem, freedom sent them a mailing label to return it to the factory to be fixed, after a few days freedom called him and asked why it hadn’t been returned yet!

My personal experience is I was getting ready to shoot it at a big steel challenge match, I called my friend who works there, I took it to them and they inspected it for me to make sure it was functioning correctly!, now in the interest of clarity, I know one of the owners (he’s on my gun club’s board of directors with me) I know their marketing manager, and I’ve know their production manager for over 10 years, but those stories in the paragraph above were strangers to freedom!

I only have 2 complaints about the fx9 and they’re probably the same complaints other ar9’s have!
    1-it’s a blowback gun, so it’s hard on buffers! I’ve been through 4 (the rubber part mushrooms over the body of the buffer)
    2-it’s got a metal magazine latch, so it chews up the polymer Glock mags, but a cheap as Glock mags are, they’re pretty much disposable anyway

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Very much appreciate everyone’s patience with me bringing up an old topic. Definitely impressed with the information and sharing of experiences. Looks like I have a lot more research and now other carbines to consider.
    Thank you
    Glad we can help out. Don't worry about posting an incorrect question. Many of us like talking about firearms, when someone is looking for information on a type of gun.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    So many choices and options. Since I’m not independently wealthy it’s great to get other’s opinions and then be able to do the research myself to find what matches my needs.
    Thanks

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Currently have a Ruger PC9 take-down carbine. It is reliable and accurate. The recoil is tame because the thing is very front heavy.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    When people post a link like that, they are usually not yelling at you.
    They are just pointing it out, cause there is often useful info already discussed.
    And then, they often continue the discussion in the 'new' thread.
    What he said. The search function on Ingo is kind of sketchy, especially for older posts, so even if you try, it can be hard to find existing info.

Welcome to the madhouse.

Top Bottom