• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I have a CMMG Banshee in 9mm that I absolutely love and it takes Glock magazines. The best attribute of this gun is the radial-delayed blowback system. It mitigates recoil a lot. Shooting the Banshee next to a standard blowback operated AR9, or my Beretta CX4, is a day and night comparison in terms of recoil. And it's been 100% reliable with every type of ammo I've used, which is quite a lot.

three50seven

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Miami County
    The AR-9 type carbines definitely control a large share of the market, but I think there are better platforms more suited to the 9mm. The Ruger PC9 and older Police Carbine are both solid guns. I have one of the older ones, but of course it doesn't use Glock mags.

Another option is the Kel-Tec Sub2000. I always thought they were kind of gimmicky, but I recently traded into one, and I actually really like it! Without verifying, I would say it's probably the lightest and most compact 9mm carbine out there. I keep mine folded up in a standard sized backpack that I keep in my truck. It fits in the laptop sleeve. The only drawback to them is the fact that you can't easily mount an optic, due to the way they fold up.

steelhead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2021
    Fishers
    Awhile back I bought a Foxtrot Mike AR-9. It was the Primary Arms exclusive one, think around $550. 5.5 inch barrel. Takes Glock mags. I use the 33 rd sticks with it.

For its price and what it is, it has done well. I have fed it all sorts of garbage ammo, and it has eaten all of it. It even likes hollow points.

Merk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Jasper
    I built a one with a 16" fm mikes side charging upper and a recoil gun works (re branded new frontier Armory I believe) lower, rise sst single stage trigger. Topped with a PA dot. Love it. Shot many steel matches with it and it runs like a top!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    What do you have and what’s your experience?
    Any recommendations?
    My main requirement is that it use Glock 9mm magazines. Got plenty and would like to put them to use.
    Thanks
    Ever consider a Gen III G-17 carbine ? The 16" barrel is an Austrian piece with a barrel shroud ! I also have several G-17 mags.

Attachments

• Glock 17 Carbine.jpg
      Glock 17 Carbine.jpg
      418.4 KB · Views: 9

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    In 2022, I built an 10.5" Aero Precision, EPC-9 in FDE and Black...and topped it off with a SIG Romeo red dot!
    It's a freakin' AWESOME and fun little toy! It has a Wilson Combat single-stage trigger...but it's smooth!!!
    It'll shoot standard pressure 147 grain out to 50 yards with one ragged hole! Fun little toy...highly recommend!

bMq8CSE.jpg

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Had a first generation EXTAR EP9 pistol for a couple of years and it was flawless. Sold it in order to upgrade to the EP9 carbine. Very light, accurate, reliable and takes Glock mags.
    View attachment 334522
    Adapted the brace to carry a spare mag.
    View attachment 334523

That EXTAR looks interesting. It's a decent price considering today's prices, and I've researched this brand/gun out and found the majority love it. It's considered very reliable and soft shooting even for 9mm. Some compared its felt recoil to a 22lr. I find that hard to believe.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I am a fan of my 8" Freedom Ordnance FX-9. It is one of the few 9mm PCC's that has last round bolt hold open. The 16" carbines MSRP for less than $850. Complete uppers to convert mine to a 16" for PCC shoots are less than $500. I have not had any trouble out of mine at all.

Last edited:

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    What do you have and what’s your experience?
    Any recommendations?
    My main requirement is that it use Glock 9mm magazines. Got plenty and would like to put them to use.
    Thanks
    I have the Ruger . It shoots ok. The only complaint is that the 17 round magazines jam every time if I try to run them full. I have found that removing two rounds seems to fix the problem. I have not tried the M19 magazines, but I would be interested that outcome.
    I also have an old Marlin camp 9 that takes the S&W M59 magazine. I have several extended mags and they will not work reliably with a full load . It will, however, run every mixture of 9mm ammo that I have tried. I've even put empty brass in the mag and it fed right into the chamber.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I have a CMMG Banshee in 9mm that I absolutely love and it takes Glock magazines. The best attribute of this gun is the radial-delayed blowback system. It mitigates recoil a lot. Shooting the Banshee next to a standard blowback operated AR9, or my Beretta CX4, is a day and night comparison in terms of recoil. And it's been 100% reliable with every type of ammo I've used, which is quite a lot.
    The CMMG system is my vote as well. I went through a blowback 9mm on a Glock mag lower, and a Ruger PC9 before I finally found the light with my CMMG build.

The Ruger was reliable, but I didn't like the plastic lock ring holding the barrel on. It felt cheap and would work loose under recoil. I also didn't like the overdependence on screws to mount the stock and the bolt handle. To keep them from loosening you really had to torque them down, and I was afraid that over time, with repeatedly tearing it down for cleaning I was gonna strip something or break one off.

The blowback AR9 was a debacle. OOB discharges, jams, no lrbho...you name it.

My CMMG uses a standard lower with endomags and controls mirror a regular AR. Recoil is softer, it has built-in out of battery protection, and it's supurbly reliable. The only problem I've had is that it eats ejector springs at an accelerated rate compared to my gas-operated guns. Typically I have to replace one about every 1000 rounds.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    after several years of thinking about it, i went with a ruger PC9. picked one up used, and did a little work to it. TK chassis, trigger, charging handle,rotary safety, grip, Cmore railway dot, magpul stock. 33rd glock mags, 124gr blazer brass ammo

Attachments

• 20230317_140538.jpg
      20230317_140538.jpg
      336.3 KB · Views: 10

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    In 2022, I built an 10.5" Aero Precision, EPC-9 in FDE and Black...and topped it off with a SIG Romeo red dot!
    It's a freakin' AWESOME and fun little toy! It has a Wilson Combat single-stage trigger...but it's smooth!!!
    It'll shoot standard pressure 147 grain out to 50 yards with one ragged hole! Fun little toy...highly recommend!

bMq8CSE.jpg
    That is one sharp Aero you have there! Is it pretty balanced and lightweight? When I held a few of the Ruger PC Carbines they were really front heavy.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    That is one sharp Aero you have there! Is it pretty balanced and lightweight? When I held a few of the Ruger PC Carbines they were really front heavy.
    I got the ballistics advantage 10.5" heavier barrel (as opposed to the pencil type barrels, in order to handle heat better) and it's not near as nose heavy as the PC Carbine...with consideration for the PC Carbine's longer barrel. The PC Charger is actually heavier overall and mine still fits, feels, and handles better than the Charger.

Top Bottom