• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which would be better for pocket carry for self defense(durability/size)?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Ok so summer is coming up and i want to look into getting a pocket gun for the days i dont feel like carrying my .45 IWB. Whats out there? I'm really looking for a REAL pocket gun, not just a "small" gun that may or may not actually fit in my pocket. I was about to pull the trigger on a LCP but i really dont feel comfortable carrying anything less than 9mm.

So what are my options on a value (400 or less) 9mm pocket gun?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Under $400

Kel Tec PF-9
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus 709 Slim

Kahr PM9 is going to be more than that.

As is the Walther PPS and the Sig P290.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I just got a M&P9c for this very reason. I paid just under $500 new, so MAYBE you could find a used one at around 4??

It's something to look at.

Other than that, the ones already mentioned are about it.

Wife has an LCP. It fills it's role. I think in a SD situation, .380 will work, and do the job. I wouldn't want to get shot with one... but if you won't be comfortable with it, or carry it with confidence, then it's not worth getting.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Under $400

Kel Tec PF-9
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus 709 Slim

Kahr PM9 is going to be more than that.

As is the Walther PPS and the Sig P290.

I'm liking the Kel Tec pf9 and the Ruger LC9....

Since dependability is my #1 goal, does anyone have one of these and can vouch for it?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville

Since dependability is my #1 goal, does anyone have one of these and can vouch for it?

PF-9's are a dime a dozen. People always say they work. So dependability wise, they're fine.

I'd rather have the LC9 myself, but the difference is $140. $250 to $390 is a big jump for a gun that will likely never be used.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

LC9 is so new that I doubt too many people have one. Hickok(sp) that does youtube reviews did one recently, it was very good. I'll have to find the link for you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLxP6Kywzk[/ame]

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Only one true pocket 9mm

Ok so summer is coming up and i want to look into getting a pocket gun for the days i dont feel like carrying my .45 IWB. Whats out there? I'm really looking for a REAL pocket gun, not just a "small" gun that may or may not actually fit in my pocket. I was about to pull the trigger on a LCP but i really dont feel comfortable carrying anything less than 9mm.

So what are my options on a value (400 or less) 9mm pocket gun?

I was at the Shot Show looking at all the new "pocket" 9mm and in my opinion only the Rohrbaugh is a true pocket 9mm; everything else is a small handgun and will feel large in a pocket. Save your money and buy the Lexus and consider it an investment.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I was at the Shot Show looking at all the new "pocket" 9mm and in my opinion only the Rohrbaugh is a true pocket 9mm; everything else is a small handgun and will feel large in a pocket. Save your money and buy the Lexus and consider it an investment.

at $1,000+ i wont have that by spring. And if i did have that i wouldn't spend it on a pocket 9mm.

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I too went for something alittle bet easyer to carry then good ol 1911, well during the summer anyway. But at LEAST go .40 S&W, dont fall to the evils of the 9mm!!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Is there an "other" option in the poll? The Kahr CM9 (budget version of the PM9) is due out next month; should retail around $440. Will be smaller than the PF9 and LC9, and with a much better trigger.

Top Bottom