• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which would be better for pocket carry for self defense(durability/size)?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    I really like my PF-9, however it kicks very hard and I find it difficult to get the slide back on, does anyone else have any issues with the slide going back on after cleaning????

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I own a PF9 and a CW40, the Kahr is a better shooting gun. Slightly bigger and more $$ though. Have had some issues recently with the kel tec and mags dropping. I paid $289 for the parkerized version at Ranger Supply Co in Ft Wayne, paid jsut over $400 for the CW40 at Ranger.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've got one of the Taurus 709's and its been a great gun. Runs flawless and is very accurate for the size. I have no problem putting the rounds on target. I also think the trigger is pretty good too. I really like the double strike feature.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    The PF-9 is my choice. The Ruger LC9 is about 5 ounces more which is a huge weight difference when pocket carrying.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    given just the two choices it would be the PF9 for me. I have a PF9 and a P11 and both models are bomb proof in reliability...no mag disconnect, no external safeties and they do the job for which they were intended and designed.

You will not go wrong carrying a PF9 for EDC CC. And should there be the time I do not carry that, the P11 is goes IWB or in a Fobus paddle and ready and confident with my kel-tecs.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've got one of the Taurus 709's and its been a great gun. Runs flawless and is very accurate for the size. I have no problem putting the rounds on target. I also think the trigger is pretty good too. I really like the double strike feature.

+1. What he said. However, I am not sure I would call it a pocket gun. It is easy to carry and conceal in a High Noon IWB with metal clip, so there is no need to put it in a pocket.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Is there an "other" option in the poll? The Kahr CM9 (budget version of the PM9) is due out next month; should retail around $440. Will be smaller than the PF9 and LC9, and with a much better trigger.

Agreed, I was very excited to hear about Kahr's intelligent move to be more competitive in the pocket 9 market. I have wanted a PM9 for awhile now, but I couldn't justify the price. If the CM9 retails for around $440, they have a true winner on their hands in regards to price and quality.
    http://www.kahr.com/PDF/CM9093.pdf

mrclean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Im going down to the local gun shop to pay in advance for a lc9 today. Hope it is as good as the lcp. Looks like a winner but time will tell.

Top Bottom