• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I am looking for a decent guitar store around central Indiana. I have recently been wanting pick up a new bass guitar and would like some place that has a decent selection. I went to Guitar Center last week and will never go back after being completely ignored the entire time. I don't know what it is about that whole company only hiring people who are only interested in playing guitar instead of working but every one I have been to is the same story.
    If it comes down to it I may just make the 2 hour trek to Swee****er in Ft. Wayne but would like some place a little closer if I have to.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm not sure on their selection of bass guitars, but check Main Street Music in Beech Grove and Ping's on the south side (Hanna and Meridian). I've always been treated well in both stores. Hope this helps.

Edit: Indy Pro Audio may be a place to check, as well.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I think that would make things worse. I would want to buy new toys at both places and the wallet would be mad at me.
    Think multipurpose.

strange_guitar_111.jpg

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    IMG_20160830_230959.jpg

I figured I would give an update on this. I ended up picking up an Ibanez sr500 from sweet water. They are great to deal with. I placed my order yesterday morning, and they called me about 20 minutes later to confirm the order and that they had checked everything and were packing it up for shipping.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    If you end up near Fort Wayne, swing another 20 miles north to Auburn and check out the Guitar Infirmary.

Disclaimer: My cousin owns it.

He does retail sales as well as repairs, and there are lessons available as well.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Congrats on the new bass, looks nice.

Just going to put this out for other who may be interested. If you're willing to travel to Louisville, the guys I bought my bass from, Steilberg Steilberg String Instruments are some super guys. Not to mention Jim the owner, and his son are gun guys also. If you have an opportunity to go it is worth it. The outside of the building is deceiving, inside it seems much larger.

Top Bottom