• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    well i finally got my LTCH and have started carrying but people are saying that i should also get a good EDC knife. ive looked at a few but i have know where to start. all i know right now is that i want a good folder with a decent sized blade. price is important to me because im a broke college student. i know those 300 dollars knifes are nice but i cant afford one. im looking for it to be around 50 to 100 tops. suggestions?

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am a fan of Spyderco. One of my carry knives is a Spyderco Delica, perfect size for me and I love it. I also have some Kershaw knives and KaBar as well. My first choice is Spyderco though. I too am on a pretty tight budget these days and I am very pleased with the quality of a knife you get from Spyderco for a fair price in my opinion. Good luck with your decision.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    i was actually looking into spiderco and kershaws. the spiderco one that i really like was the endura wave but it seems to be discontinued. i do like the delica also. as for the kersaw i kinda like the blur

Last edited:

bertenshaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    wales uk
    Hi, I'm a big fan of Spyderco knives too. I'm in the UK so I can't comment on price as we pay considerably more for Sal's knives than they cost in the home market.
    I think, if a knife was to be carried for SD and cost was an issue I'd go with the Endura or ManixII range. Both have decent blade size but the ManixII wins for ease of deployment. For a little more money Spyderco do a purpose built SD that is, so I am told very very effective! It's called The Matriarch.
    If you want to go very cheap how about any of the Byrd range with a spyderedge hawkbill blade?
    I have to be honest though, if I was fortunate enough to live in a country were my fellow citizens had made the effort to retain the right to keep and bear arms, I'd be more than pleased with a nice revolver for SD and just carry the knife for utility.
    Good luck with your choice, let us know what you buy.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I just bought a spyderco tenacious off ebay for just shy of $40 delivered and I have to say I am completely blown away with this knife. It locks up solid, is built like a vault, and I've never shaved hair that easily when testing the sharpness of a new knife. That knife may be my new favorite.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    wow thanks for all the replys. ill look into each of these. i think im gonna stick with spyerco on this one. they just seem more my style.

this knife will probably be used for utitily and SD if it has to be ( i carry a G19)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think i decided on the Spyderco Endura Wave 4

FAIL. You're gonna buy a plastic handled knife when there are G10 handled knives out there? I've held the plastic endura knives before, but the blade is always so wobbly. It's your money and I hope you're happy with whatever you get, but I don't care for the plastic handled spyderco's. I'll shut up now.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I used to carry a waved Endura. Good knife.

I later upgraded to a Manix 2. Another good knife.

I've heard lots of good things about the Tenacious in regards to price, but I hear the steel sucks.

No matter what you pick, if you're sticking with Spyderco you won't be disappointed. Even if you go with the Tenacious and later decide to upgrade, at least you got the learning experience and have a better idea of what you want next.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    that tenacious is tempting...real tempting.

but if i invest in a knife i want it to be a really good one. i think im stuck on the wave feature. idk why

I really liked the wave I played with at the 1500, but Brad wouldn't sell me one. :rolleyes: :cool:

:laugh:

Top Bottom