• ...and so much more!
  • AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    Lots of great knife info on here! Here is my quandary:

I am left handed, primarily, but I shoot with the right. This is of great advantage for me in knife work, as my "primary" hand is available for each task independently in a scrum.

I absolutely love flippers, but the left hand thing makes it hard to find a good one. The frame lock design that accompanies most of them is on the side that I need the clip to be on for the way I carry and draw my folders.

I need one that is reversed, or at the very least, has a swappable clip system.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    No Wharnies?

It's hard to come up with a wharncliffe blade that is a flipper and stay within your budget. I sure can't think of any. For semi production wharnies the only flipper knives I can think of are the Brous Silent Soldier Flipper (it's a relatively small knife) and a Hinderer XM-18 with a wharncliffe blade, but both of these exceed your budget.

Silent Soldier Flipper ‹ Brous Blades

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    The silent soldier brad linked to is a great little knife also. the wharny isn't as popular in folders as most typical blade shapes. you could get with a custom maker and have it made but it will definitely exceed your budget also.

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    It's hard to come up with a wharncliffe blade that is a flipper and stay within your budget. I sure can't think of any. For semi production wharnies the only flipper knives I can think of are the Brous Silent Soldier Flipper (it's a relatively small knife) and a Hinderer XM-18 with a wharncliffe blade, but both of these exceed your budget.

Silent Soldier Flipper ‹ Brous Blades

I looked at both of these...The silent soldier doesn't appear to work with the left hand carry I need, as the clip resides on the lock side only.

The XM-18 is awesome...but yeah, I'm not in a position to drop that coin at present.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    flipper_3.jpg

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I vote zt 0550. Love mine. Has frame lock, can be carried tip up or tip down and left or right handed. And is as close to a hinderer as your gonna get within your budget.

Top Bottom