• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigchis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    I have 2 older rifles that I need some work done on them. The first one is a Winchester Model 100 and the second is a Mossber 353. I am looking for a good gunsmith that someone has used and had good luck with. I read the INDIANA GUNSMITH sticky post on here but I do not know which ones are good and not. I live 30 mins south of Fort Wayne, 2 hrs north of Indianapolis and am willing to drive a little distance if I need to. Thanks in advance.

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    wish i could help every one asked either didn`t know one or they said kentucky or north carolina i gave up and reblued and redid the stock on my savage 720 came out pretty good with a cold bluing sorry i can`t offer anyone good luck

:ingo:

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    Tomlinsons up in Chrubusco has been good for me. Call ahead and find out when the owner will be there and stop by then. He is a machinest or something as well so he can do most gunsmith jobs well. His name is Mike IIRC and is a good guy.

That is my favorite gunshop because they actually value your business. They will buy, sell and trade not just sell like a lot of shops want to. They also have a good selection of used handguns which is my favorite things about them. Whenever I am driving by I sop in just to see if they have a deal on a used pistol.

Jeremy05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    One of my friends is a gunsmith at the Gander Mountain in Greenwood, IN. You might give them a call and get an estimate on what they would charge.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    GM Rates

FYI the hourly rate at Gander in fort Wayne is $80. I couldn't believe when I overheard them telling a guy to bring his 870 in and they would "clean and inspect" it for $50.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    FYI the hourly rate at Gander in fort Wayne is $80. I couldn't believe when I overheard them telling a guy to bring his 870 in and they would "clean and inspect" it for $50.

Does the fort wayne GM actually work on guns in store? A lot of them send it away to a regonial repair center.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    So they say

They actually have a "gunsmith" there on staff. Not sure how detailed his work gets. I am sure they send the finishing stuff out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom