Looking for a gunsmith in Fort Wayne (WASR 10-63 AK)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Hey folks, I have a WASR 10-63 with a canted/bent ears FSB. I have a proper Romanian replacement FSB and pins. I do not have access to a shop press or I'd attempt this myself. I have called a few local gunsmiths but they all decline to work on (any) AK's. I am willing to pay a fair price for the work being done. I hope someone here either can take the job or can at least point me in the right direction. If you can help, I'll be checking the thread or PM's regularly. Thanks in advance.

PS: as you know these pictures are hard to take, but I managed to do it with my phone. I realize the rifle itself is at an angle, but you should get the gist of the ears/drift to shoot straight. Thanks again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      5.2 KB · Views: 8

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the replies. Wabbit- I was referring to pressing the new block and pins. Thank you very for your help. I found someone to do it through another forum. I will keep Jerry's email address for future reference. I appreciate the quick responses!

mjlcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I did. I thought I had posted that here. Apparently it was on the other forum... My friend's friend took care of it and did a mighty fine job. Can't wait to go to Roush Lake on Saturday to try 'er out!

Top Bottom