• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    So I'm not looking for a holster out of neccesity, just looking because I think every pistol and revolver I own deserve a holster. I like Galco holsters but am having trouble finding one for my S&W 500 with a 6 1/2 inch barrel. Ive seen countless holsters for it in a 4 inch and a 8 1/2 inch barrel but none for the 6 inch barrel. :nuts:. I'm starting to think about buying holsters before buying the gun. Just like I had trouble finding one for my Charter Arms 44. I had no problem finding one for my Sig P226 or my S&W 38 snubby. Any suggestions?

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I also like the Galco Holsters. After a long search I settled for a Galco Concealment Holster for a Springfield XD 4" Service Model. It would have been fine but obviousy was 1" long.

I took it to a Ft Wayne leather worker and he took one inch off of the length and it is now great.

I can't think of the leather shop but it is in the Times Corner Shopping Center W. of Ft Wayne on US24. Highly recomeended

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    It's danged near impossible to find a holster for something that isn't widely sold.I know as I am a holster dealer! Good luck finding your grail btw!

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Rummaging in my "Used leather" collection........

{removed sales pitch - esrice} They are both: aged, tight leather which would take to re-molding well, no cracks, black, right-hand, fwd-cant, basket-weave, thumb-snap or -break, for 2~2½" belt, exc. condition w very slight insertion scuff on the shiny side, and as stated:
    #1 descr.: S&W B-17, 6½", closed end, marked "46-W".
    #2 descr.: Bianchi, marked "100A", open-end. I have been
    told this one is for 1911-types, but you never know....
    Kokomo area.

Last edited by a moderator:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd call one of the kydex benders and have them make one for me if I had a gun that needed a difficult-to-find holster.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Option one:contact Tandy leather indy. they have many contacts for holster makers.
    Indiana leatherworkers guild has many craftsmen and women that do beautiful work.
    Option two: why not just make your own. You can buy a sheet of leather for $20 and have enough for two or three rigs. A couple of months ago in Gun World mag. Dave Workman did an artical on making simple rigs for the field. After you do one it is kind of addicting.I love the smell of new leather when the lites go down......OOPs.

Top Bottom