• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    I'm not too familiar with all of the local shops in Indy or the state for that matter but I am wanting to buy local. Specifically a high end AR like LMT or larue. Do any shops routinely carry them? I'd prefer to buy local vs mail order to a FFL. Any advice appreciated. Thanks all.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You might try His & Her Target Sports in Sheridan too. He's usually good for a few high end pieces along with a slew of mid range stuff.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Check out Elmore's in Greenwood

No offence, but those guys are dicks. I am convinced unless you go in there holding cash in hand while holding a sign that says "I am here to buy a gun today" they won't give you the time of day. Too buys dicking around behind the counter and lighting up the next cigar. Which brings me to my next comment, the guns in there are baking in smoke 8-10 hours a day. I'm sure they don't smell too good outside of the store.

It is a shame really. I live just down the road on Fairview and I would rather drive to BGF than go in there.

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    US defense solutions. They sell daniels defense, troy, noveske, Yankeehill etc. I just bought a used Yankee hill from them for a very outstanding price. Their prices are very good and they know their stuff. Highly recommend them. Elmores also has a very good selection of AR's as well. They too had good prices and when I first started looking they were patient and answered all of my noobish questions to help me decide on what I wanted.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    No offence, but those guys are dicks. I am convinced unless you go in there holding cash in hand while holding a sign that says "I am here to buy a gun today" they won't give you the time of day. Too buys dicking around behind the counter and lighting up the next cigar. Which brings me to my next comment, the guns in there are baking in smoke 8-10 hours a day. I'm sure they don't smell too good outside of the store.

It is a shame really. I live just down the road on Fairview and I would rather drive to BGF than go in there.

Smokeless powder isn't really smokeless.

I'm reminded of the $500 cigarette/tampon thread.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

I've always been treated with the upmost respect there. Jason has also always been willing to work with me on prices. Sold me an used HK USPc 9 w/night sights OTD for $475 and S&W 625 JM NIB for $550 just to name a few. Guess I'm just lucky.:dunno:

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North

I visited them today and the guy was nothing less than professional and spent about 30 minutes talking to me about ARs knowing at the beginning I was in the research process. Good guy +1!

And the shop did not really smell bad.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    What I'd really like to see is a LaRue 14" predator OBR.
    Ill check USDS as well. Have to admit those LWRCs at Elmores looked pretty sweet but at 2750.00. Whew! In the running though.
    Brandis didn't have anything interesting about 7-8 ARs but a good guy giving me time and patience.
    Pretty sure I'm going to put an ACOG on it, what a nice optic.

Top Bottom