• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have been a member of ProTEQ. The owner was great and provided some of the best instruction I've ever had, and didn't charge. The facility is kind of basic, but functional.

I used the up to 200 yard range and found it adequate. When we spoke the reason for the long range test / qualification was based upon past bad experiences. He has had customers arrive without a sighted in rifle and insist they could shoot the long distance range, only to go over the backstop.

He told a couple of harrowing stories. Frankly I'm not very smart, but I would have known better than to take a weapon I hadn't had on paper at 25 or 50 yards and try to do 300+ yards...

ProTeq would be a hike from NE Indy, but may well be worth the drive if you really want to go past 300 yards.

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Necro'ing my own thread here... Never made it out to Proteq last year, looking for a place again this year. Wanted to know what member's opinions of Proteq are. Seems to be the best fit for what I'm looking for. My biggest concern is obviously safety, and family friendly-ness. My older 2 have shot with me many times, but my youngest may learn to shot this year (he's 10). I prefer a member only place, and am a little concerned about the option of one-day pass. As i'm sure must of you have, I've run into some idiots on public ranges, and not something I want to expose my kids too. Thoughts, other suggestions...

Top Bottom