• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I did some searching as far as ranges and their locations and so far have not come up with anything.....so now it is time to ask around.

I am looking for a range, public or private, that I can practice my draws, rifle drills, and general firearms exercises in peace without some range master yelling at me to unholster my sidearm, or when I roll around like I am on fire not hitting the next shooter (think Atterbury). For all of its glory my usual shooting spot of Atterbury has lost its appeal to me since I am not allowed to practice any real-world scenarios. I have a buddy that is a member of Elwood conservation club and it would suit my needs....if it wasn't an hour and 45 minute drive for me.

As a result I am looking for a club, conservation club, private land, or a public facility (other than Atterbury) that would allow me to get some real practice in.

Requirements:
    *Able to practice drills like draw fire, rifle drills, etc. (real world crap)
    *Not have a bunch of rif-raf if you know what I mean.
    *Lets me zero my weapons(rifles) on a pistol range...
    *Clean facility would be nice, but not necessary
    *Within 45 minutes drive of state road 37 and County Line road (outer Greenwood...gas is crazy)
    *A range with less than 100 meters is fine, but must allow rifles...obviously

I do not mind paying fees, and I always clean up after myself. I am very responsible and have handled firearms since I was an early teen. If you know of any place that fits my criteria send me a PM with details!! Thanks and happy shooting!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Except for the draw and fire, and the rifle thing Marion County Fish & Game is a good place. I've finally decided to join, Resisted because the only rifle you can use is .22 and Pistol Calibers not sure on that I'll find out for sure when I join. That is due to their location. Have shot some matches there and like it so I'm going to take the plunge!

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    there is a range somewhere by brazil indiana. Can't remember the name of it or where out doors of course. pro something i think Let me scour an old email address and see what i come up with.. That place might be a safe bet but shoot that is pretty far from you and me for that matter.

Top Bottom