Looking for a place to hunt around montgomery county or the surrounding counties!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    The older gentleman's woods i had always hunted at since i was 14 died this past spring. I've been a hunter for a while now and don't really want to miss this season. anything would be very much appreciated!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    We hunt Racoon SRA. Plenty of squirrels, we've seen a couple turkeys, seen deer and lots of deer sign. Haven't seen any bunnies but maybe we'll try down closer to the corn fields.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    We hunt Racoon SRA. Plenty of squirrels, we've seen a couple turkeys, seen deer and lots of deer sign. Haven't seen any bunnies but maybe we'll try down closer to the corn fields.

That is the problem: Plenty of signs and once Hunting Season begins .. poof no deer. :): You have to work at it but public land hunting can be productive. Hey better than not hunting.

jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    thanks! its all well appreciated. i know to look for public lands but have you really had any luck out there in racoon? i'll definately take a look!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    thanks! its all well appreciated. i know to look for public lands but have you really had any luck out there in racoon? i'll definately take a look!

Boat loads of squirrels. We had three deer walk right up on us last Saturday during youth hunting. Sadly for Sean, he'd opted to do some squirrel hunting by the time that happened, so he didn't get 'em LOL. Saw a gorgeous buck that same day, and my wife scared up a doe while she was off by herself. Seen plenty of deer out there... but they are going to disappear pretty quickly once the hunting starts, I figure.

jzukjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    crawfordsville
    Boat loads of squirrels. We had three deer walk right up on us last Saturday during youth hunting. Sadly for Sean, he'd opted to do some squirrel hunting by the time that happened, so he didn't get 'em LOL. Saw a gorgeous buck that same day, and my wife scared up a doe while she was off by herself. Seen plenty of deer out there... but they are going to disappear pretty quickly once the hunting starts, I figure.
    where was this?

Top Bottom