• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My older 2 kids (and my youngest once he's big enough) want to learn to ride a dirt bike. I've found a reasonable entry level bike that's of the right size for them, but struggling to find a place they can learn before I make the purchase. Ideally, I'd like to have a wide open grass lot they can learn the throttle/clutch/brake etc. Not looking for an actual motocross track, just something the can learn on in first gear. It's only a 125cc bike, so nothing that going to tear up the grass. Also ideally it would be with about 40 minutes for Indianapolis. Anyone have a lot you wouldn't mind sharing, or know of a place?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    No.

I grew up way south of here. We rode in the strip pits, along the Patoka river, and AMA farm tracks.

But while you're looking, have them walk around a couple hours a day with the bike, to get a feel for the bike. Imagine not knowing how to control your bike just doing that, then adding a motor.

Edit: If I remember correctly, I think I had to do that for 20 minutes a day. 2 weeks. Of course I was 12 and the 125 Cow was taller than I was.

Last edited:

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Where are they going to ride it once they know how?

There are several places around central Indiana that once they where comfortable with riding the bike we could go and make a day of (riding trails, parks, etc), I'm just looking for someplace without a bunch of distractions that they could learn in.

Top Bottom