• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    My Ruger LCR .357 hides really well in a pocket. And it is light, 17oz according to Ruger. I haven't weighed it loaded. I do plan on investing in a pocket type holster or finding something that will help break up the form. I wear it every where with never an issue.

I believe that's the front-runner right now. Just have to find one...

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    P3AT because its less than the LCP and easily accepts the Belt Clip. The only drawback is it doesn't like flat nose ammo. Hydro shock =Bad .....Hornaday Critical Defense =Good

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    I've had the P3at and sold it due to a couple FTE's... I went to Orions and bought the LCP and haven't had a single issue with it. This is my wife's carry gun, so I wanted to make sure there were no issues.

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    walther pps 40 is a good gun for the size and for the power.
    you can use a in the wast band or just put it in your pocket.
    shoots good and feels good in the hand.

cpick386

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    I had a Kel-Tec in 32 cal that was a great pocket gun. It's fairly the same size as the Ruger and also comes in 380. I liked the size but wanted something in a 9mm like you. I ended up going with the Ruger LC9. It's kind of big for carry in a jeans pocket but I carry it in my coat pocket just fine. The only other pistol I found that was roughly the same size in 9mm was a Kel-Tec PF9. I really couldn't find any smaller of a frame in 9mm.

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I would suggest you try a Kel Tec PF9. Not only is it reasonable for pocket carry, but you can get the after market clip for IWB carry in a pinch.

rhkirk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Well I have carried a p-32 for several years and love it. I just bought a Beretta Nano and it's pretty sweet too. It works for pocket carry, just feels lots bigger than the kel-tec.

Whitey1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    For very discreet carry I settled on a Kel tec P32.Suprising short range accuracy. Sold the same size P3AT. Didn't like the recoil. Not much difference in the caliber if I shove it up the bad guy's nose.:draw:

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    i know you said you want somthing smaller than an lc9 but i have to say i love mine, fits nicely at the back of your waist

MorePowerWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Palmyra, In
    I'd buy pants with a little bigger pockets lol. Ruger LC9 is probably the best pocket 9mm out there IMO. 2nd is the Taurus PT709 which I currently carry either in my pants pocket or inside pocket of my jacket. +p is no problem in either of these choices.

apilcher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    IMO - the LCP is the ideal - ideal, pocket carry gun. I can carry the piece anywhere. The only thing to get over is the whole .380 thing.....

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Hi, I have the Ruger LCP 380 and the Ruger LC9 9MM. The Rugers are well made guns that have been completely reliable for me. The Ruger LCP makes for an excellent pocket carry weapon because of its weight and ergonomics. The Ruger LC9 seems a bit large to me to pocket carry. I have small relatively strong hands thus the small size is not a problem for me. Felt recoil for both guns, to me, is nominal. I have also pocket carried a Sig P238 and it seems about as comfortable as the LCP. I had considered the Kel-Tec FP-9 because of its size/weight and because it is a 9MM. The gun gets mixed reviews but may be worth a look because if its increased firepower. However, I ended up buying the Sig P938 which I really like. At some point I will dispose of the Ruger LCP because of the minimal sights and no safety. The wife generally carries the Sig P238 so I will be left with the Ruger LC9 and the Sig P938. I generally do not like DAO actions but the LC9 is so comfortable to handle that I overlook that one fault (to me) of the LC9.

Last edited:

THarris88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    I have went through the this thread and have not seen the Beretta Bodyguard mentioned yet. Check it out

Top Bottom