• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I use a digital Bradley because I can set it up and go do other stuff while the smoking goes on. If I forget or get tied up it doesn't burn up all my stuff. The 6 rack version is big enough for 4 pork butts, maybe 6. I've had around 30 lbs of salmon in it too. Both hindquarters from a whitetail. Most of the neck off an elk. Etc etc.

The wood pucks are a bit on the expensive side but well worth it to me.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    You can't go wrong with the Weber Smokey Mountain, plenty of guys win competitions with them. I've got the smaller one and it's served me well for 10 years or so with awesome BBQ. Spend some time over at the 'smoke ring' and the 'virtual webber bullet' (google is your friend) and you be well on your way to good BBQ.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I'm looking to get a smoker and I was needing to know a good place to go check some out. Also I am wanting to know what some of our resident smokers here on INGO think is a good starter smoker. I am wanting to stay under $600 but I might spend a little more if the cost would warrant a better product. I am new to the smoking world so I will probably end up with more questions as this thread progresses. So lets hear some advice and thanks in advance!:popcorn::ingo:

Don't you know that smoking can kill you?

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    I never half to babysit my WSM. Once you learn it, It's good to go. Under 35 degrees you half to keep an eye on it. If you decide to go with one, hit me up. I will learn ya so you don't half to go through all the trial and error. Also,I half to brag! I have a XL Primo arriving any day now:rockwoot: At 501 lbs I don't know how I'm going to get that thing into my bar :dunno:

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Thanks to all that have replied so far. I have been looking into it more and I like the no need to babysit pellet smokers, but I can get most of my chunk wood for free. I was wondering if anyone knows of a duel fuel type of smoker (pellet and chunk wood) or if they even make such a beast.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    this is what i have seen recommended many times
    brinkmann_852-7080-V.jpg

this is actually what i have and use, its ok, the temp takes a longtime to rise back up when you open the lid and put the meat on.

image.img

Top Bottom