• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    I am currently trying to arrange a transfer for a PSL from a non-FFL to me. The seller understandably would like a copy of the receiving FFL. I have had no luck with the 3 FFLs I have contacted so far. Are there any members here that are relatively close that could do it or anyone that someone here knows will accept from a non FFL? Thank you for the help, I hope to get this worked out as quickly as possible.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you're still in the Haute, have you tried Patriot Sporting Arms and/or Favre's Guns? They usually did my transfers. Around Indy, I have been using Plainfield Shooting Sports most of the time. They aren't the cheapest transfer, but they run a good shop and deserve the support.

Check the advertiser section here, too. There is a guy who does low-cost transfers, but I don't remember his name.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks, I have tried Plainfield, but they will not send a copy of their FFL to non-FFLs. I will try the other two local ones, but I seem to remember not being real impressed with the transfer price in the past.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Check this place out BZ GunZ, LLC - Home

Located in Plainfield, and offers low cost transfers. Seems like he is willing to work with folks, definitely worth a shot.

EDIT:
    Also use this sight, if you haven't already. http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx It gives a pretty good list of local shops fees as well as other information. Just scroll down to the bottom and slap in your zip code.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    In the longrun it would be easier if the seller would go thru an FFL on his end.
    Favre's have done several transfers for me, from other FFL's.
    I believe Favre's transfer fee is $20.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    In the longrun it would be easier if the seller would go thru an FFL on his end.
    Favre's have done several transfers for me, from other FFL's.
    I believe Favre's transfer fee is $20.

Be wary if he sends you any attachments in his emails, you never know what you might see

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks for the help guys. I think I've got it worked out. I hate dealing with transfers (loved having an 03 FFL for my old stuff). Can't wait for the PSL to arrive!

Top Bottom