• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamie12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Pendleton
    I'm going to the G&K 1500 show tomorrow and was wanting to pick up an AR. This will be my first AR and I am wanting to take it Coyote hunting and to target shoot. So I would like to know what you think about the following questions:

I'll have $1000 to spend -
    What AR brand? (I'd like to get a NATO)-----
    I would like to get a sight (Am i dreaming)----
    What table to go to tomorrow to purchase it--

Thanks in advance.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Could easily build your own at that price if you don't go fancy on optics.
    My AR build has come in way under 1000 (not including my Burris Fastfire II or my CMMG conversion). And that includes all sorts of magpul goodies (AFG, MS2, RSA, ASAP, MOE grip, CTR) and even a 1:7 chrome lined barrel.

for $1000, you can build a great rifle on AR15.com's equipment exchange

You get more bang for you buck when you build vs buy an ar-15

Last edited:

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Could easily build your own at that price if you don't go fancy on optics.
    My AR build has come in way under 1000 (not including my Burris Fastfire II or my CMMG conversion). And that includes all sorts of magpul goodies (AFG, MS2, RSA, ASAP, MOE grip, CTR) and even a 1:7 chrome lined barrel.

for $1000, you can build a great rifle on AR15.com's equipment exchange

You get more bang for you buck when you build vs buy an ar-15

+1 for ar15.com equipment exchange

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    dont spend so much on a gun you have to skimp on the scope, rings and bases. this stuff is just as if not more important than the rifle. dont let the guys at the nc star booth trick you into thinking they are giving you a great deal. those guys should get salesman of the year. you will leave there booth thinking you cant afford not to buy one. they will have it priced at 350 bucks and come all the way down to 90 wich is tempting

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Cant go wrong with a Spike's. You can get their Middy for $850 or so. Rock River wouldn't be bad either. Heard good things about the PSA uppers and lowers too, but probably wont find those at the 1500, not sure though.

For optics, if you are yote hunting, you'll probably want an actual scope. Make sure its plenty clear for those dawn and dusk shots.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm going to the G&K 1500 show tomorrow and was wanting to pick up an AR.

I'll have $1000 to spend -
    What AR brand? (I'd like to get a NATO)-----
    I would like to get a sight (Am i dreaming)----
    What table to go to tomorrow to purchase it--

IMO there aren't many good ARs at the 1500 unless you already know what you're looking for-- lots of junk out there. I'd resist the urge to buy right now and spend some time researching so you end up with what you really want.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Look around a lot before the show and research online, figure out what you want and what the going price is for that (keep in mind what you'd pay for shipping, tax, & transfer if you're buying online). Print out some doc's showing what you can get rifle X for if you buy from Shop Y. If someone has that rifle, show them the print and ask if they can beat it. If they can, you both win. If they can't, wait and buy later from shop Y. You've done your homework, everything is above board, and no one should have hurt feelings if the deal isn't done. Respect the seller if they are firm on their price, just as they should respect you if you take your business to a better deal.

I would also not recommend buying from anyone other that the reputable dealers at the 1500. Midwest Gun, Zx, and others are legit. Don't chance buying from a random guy that has put a $#@%$@# upper/bcg/etc on a stamped lower...you'll have no recourse later.

jamie12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Pendleton
    I went to Bradis today and liked the Rock River priced at $859. I was also interesed in the Spike but they dont carry that. Guess I'll have to price that tomorrow. Thanks

Top Bottom