• ...and so much more!
  • qb1sho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    McCordsville, IN
    Good Morning all!

I was looking for a good looking, well made, reliable IWB carry handgun. Icame across the Kahr MK9 Elite 2003 and MK40 Elite 2003 and fell in love withthe looks (love the polished finish). Has anyone seen any for sale in the Indianapolis (I am NE Indy and dont mind traveling) areaand what kind of $$ would we be talking? I don’t mind used as long as theweapon is in excellent condition.

Also, anyone had any experience with both weapons? I would like to know whatthe felt recoil difference between the 2. Any major drawbacks to the Kahr or MKElite line that you have experienced? Etc... Online reviews are ok, but in thefield experience can’t be beat and might be a little less biased!

I thank you for any input you may have! :popcorn:

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Let the search function be your friend. I have seen several in the classifieds and I am sure the owners would be happy to let you know how they liked the firearm. I personally had a PM40 and really liked it. Some say recoil is very stout but it didnt bother me a bit. With the MK series you have the added weight of steel so I imagine recoil to be a bit softer. My pm40 was very accurate as well. These are small firearms and conceal very nicely, but for that reason some people dont care for them. I think they are outstanding guns and a MK40 Elite is on my short list to buy. I highly suggest you try to shoot one before you buy one.

qb1sho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    McCordsville, IN
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I did seach and it looks like there might be one MK9 Elite in the classifieds (thanks for the suggestion, new to the site) but unfortunately I cant post, email, or mesage them until I hit a minimum post count. It looks like it is in very good condition based on the pics and low round count. Hopefully they will give their opinion on that one! :)

Thank you for the info on the PM40. I have had some (not much) experience with hand guns but I still consider myself very amatuer! I have a glock 23 and dont have a problem with recoil on that .40. It appears the MK40 is smaller and a little ligher (I was suprised on the weight since the glock is mostly poly) than the 23 so not 100% sure how much difference there would be in that area.

I am a smaller guy at only 5'9" and 165 lbs but fit so I dont think limp wristing would be an issue either.

Again, thanks for the input!

Last edited:

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I was one of the 2 that had one forsale in the classifieds. Mine was the regular one, not the elite.

Great little gun! I only sold it because it was the only 9mm I had and wanted to concentrate on .45s since I have 4 1911s...so I traded it for a PM45, wish they made a MK45...

Mark

qb1sho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    McCordsville, IN
    Thanks for the info Mark. That definitely makes sense to me. Helps save buying bulk on ammo! :D

I did call around a little for pricing yesterday and to see if there were any in stock so I could go and actually see how it felt in my hand. I have a few more places to call locally but it seems they would have to order it via their distributor. :dunno:

There is on guy that has his slightly used (low round count per post) on for sale on the classifieds page that look like it is in pretty good shape. Hopfully I can get my post count up and contact him before he sells it and maybe try to work something out! :n00b:

Thanks Again!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If you are concerned about getting to that gun more quickly, I recommend that you pay a nominal fee and become a site supporter. That will allow you full access to the classifieds before you are at the 50 post level. You can find full into about the 50 post rule, why it is there and how to become a site supporter in the FAQ.

Top Bottom