• ...and so much more!
  • gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Hi folks

Years ago I was working on an essay about the right of self-defense. As I thought through the problem it occurred to me that self-defense was a duty as much as a right. That thought resulted in a whole new line of research and lo, what did I find but an brilliant essay on that very point.

There was no need for me to write about it, this essay said it all.

My problem is, now I can't find it.

I'm pretty sure I first saw it through an NRA source, the website or the magazine. I just did a couple of web searches using different search queries but no luck. (I wouldn't be surprised if the Google scumbags have buried it.)

I'm going to go to the NRA website and look for a reference to it, but it occurred to me that someone here might be familiar with the essay.

Does anyone recall it? Can anyone point me to a link or the author or title?

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Hi folks

Years ago I was working on an essay about the right of self-defense. As I thought through the problem it occurred to me that self-defense was a duty as much as a right. That thought resulted in a whole new line of research and lo, what did I find but an brilliant essay on that very point.

There was no need for me to write about it, this essay said it all.

My problem is, now I can't find it.

I'm pretty sure I first saw it through an NRA source, the website or the magazine. I just did a couple of web searches using different search queries but no luck. (I wouldn't be surprised if the Google scumbags have buried it.)

I'm going to go to the NRA website and look for a reference to it, but it occurred to me that someone here might be familiar with the essay.

Does anyone recall it? Can anyone point me to a link or the author or title?
    Was it 'A Nation Of Cowards' ? Thats readily available with a quick search

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Was it 'A Nation Of Cowards' ? Thats readily available with a quick search

Bingo!!

Thanks much.

I highly recommend this essay to everyone. In the current wave of hate being directed at gun, gun owners and the NRA it is useful to have your thoughts organized on the subject of the duty and unalienable right of self-defense and the reasons the Second Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights to protect it.

link:

A Nation of Cowards

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Bingo!!

Thanks much.

I highly recommend this essay to everyone. In the current wave of hate being directed at gun, gun owners and the NRA it is useful to have your thoughts organized on the subject of the duty and unalienable right of self-defense and the reasons the Second Amendment was included in the Bill of Rights to protect it.

link:

A Nation of Cowards

There's actually a book too: A Nation Of Cowards

Top Bottom