looking for blades to have engraved for groomsmen gift.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'm getting married this summer and want to do engraved blades as groomsmen gifts. I'm looking for suggestions on blades and sources where I can get them engraved (bonus points if I can kill two birds with one stone.)

I'm leaning towards fixed blades, I doubt any of these guys will subject these knives to much punishment but I want something of decent quality while still being affordable. I'm also leaning towards something with an exotic or 'cool' blade profile.

So what kind of suggestions you have?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Got married 2 years ago did the same thing. Used Kershaw "Leeks". looked good and they liked them. More of an everyday carry blade.

Used Knifecenter.com

Don

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    First off, great idea on a knife. Are you having initials engraved or ....? The amt of text will give a good indication on size of knife you may be looking for. Are you also set on a fixed blade or would a folder be an option?

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I'm hoping to keep it $100 or under per person for the blade and engraving. Would probably prefer $50-$75 if that's doable without it being junk. I would consider folders, but prefer fixed blades.

Jaws2381

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Benchmade.com

I did the same thing for my groomsmen last year. The will Laser Engrave any of their knives. I bought the benchmade knives off of Amazon and sent them in to Benchmade to get engraved, but you can just buy them direct engraved. Great knives.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Benchmade.com

I did the same thing for my groomsmen last year. The will Laser Engrave any of their knives. I bought the benchmade knives off of Amazon and sent them in to Benchmade to get engraved, but you can just buy them direct engraved. Great knives.

Or, you could order them from a Benchmade dealer with the engraving and save money because Benchmade will charge you full MSRP for the knife.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    How about ESEE Izula-II knives? Get in touch with KnifeLady to see what she'll charge for the volume you want. You could then take 'em and get 'em engraved!

-J-

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Im in Fort wayne, if you get any knife I can engrave them for you here at work. Give me about a weeks warning so I can slip them in between jobs but we have medical grade lasers here.

Here is one of mine I did a few years ago.
    BM.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Im in Fort wayne, if you get any knife I can engrave them for you here at work. Give me about a weeks warning so I can slip them in between jobs but we have medical grade lasers here.

Here is one of mine I did a few years ago.
    BM.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

What would you charge per knife?

Top Bottom