• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I bought a PT1911 when they first appeared locally specifically as a test mule to modify. After 500 trouble-free rounds, I replaced the "guts" with Ed Brown "Hardcore" series parts. Unlike other people, I had no problem with them fitting in the Taurus. I did have to work on getting the night sights to fit, but I would expect to have to do that on most any pistol. It has around 2k rounds through it now with no problems. I still hate the garish stamping on the slide... I'll polish it off one day.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I currently own ten different Taurus handguns. One of them is the PT1911. I regularly shoot ball and HD loads thru it. I have not had any feed or ejection issues with this firearm. It is my second PT1911 that I have owned. The first one had a rail, and to me it was a drawback(hard to find a good holster).
    As far as their customer service is concerned, I personally have not clue as I have never had an isssue that would require one of my firearms to be sent in for repair.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    It has been my experience with Taurus customer service that they are not only slow, but they do not fix the problems. I usually have to send each handgun back at least twice before the problem is fixed. I'm dealing with a Tracker 44 on it's third trip back...

IF you buy one, try to get one that comes from Davidson's as they will just send you a new one instead of dealing with Taurus. For nearly the same money I would go with a Para GI Expert.

Xamor 101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, well thanks for all the feedback everyone. If I can figure out how to give out rep like I've seen plenty of talk over then I'll do so :yesway: I'll also keep doing research & check out the alternate suggestions everyones given :coffee:

Bshaw - I completely agree in not trusting airlines with any of mine as well.

Amishman44 - No I haven't had a look at Citadel, but since you have mentioned them I will definitely give them consideration.

XtremeVel - No it unfortunately doesn't belong to a buddy, otherwise yeah I woulda already tried it out like you recommended. And yeah I always tend to buy used but in good condition guns. People who buy guns brand new USUALLY like to take good care of them lol, as I do as well the few times I do purchase them new.

ultraspec - Hahaha, quite a long, thoughtful, detailed answer there.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    A buddy of mine bought one/junk,junk,junk trigger is funky and its been back to the factory twice,came back with deep scrathes in slide the last trip it made to the junkyard/factory

jerp239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I have had a PT 1911 for 2 years now and it is my daily carry piece. I have not had a bit of trouble with it even with JHP's as other people have stated. I think part of the problems that people have is that they don't know how to leave well enough alone, they have to polish this and replace that instead of just using the gun as is.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    The gun I talked about before was stone cold stock,didnt have much over 50 rds through it when the trigger went south, next ftf,fte than the trigger again .All work was done through the factory .Hey at least its all nice and shinny ,so when it fails to shot and you have to throw it at someone ,you can still find it in low light and hit them with it

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    The tarus is OK but there are better choices... My tarus 45 is noisey (loose) and has a bad temper about grouping any brand of ammo under 3"!

Top Bottom