• ...and so much more!
  • inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Hey all,

I'm just looking for comfy cargo pants that ARENT camo for under $50. So far I'm rocking the rip stoppers from Walmart. $20 and I go through 3 pairs a year. They aren't great, but theyre comfy and no BS pockets.

Thoughts?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Shop for the Duluth fire hose flex in the variety you'd like. It's worth signing up for their email alerts, as you'll have to catch a sale to meet your price with shipping and tax. Holidays are good times for discounts.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Hey all,

I'm just looking for comfy cargo pants that ARENT camo for under $50. So far I'm rocking the rip stoppers from Walmart. $20 and I go through 3 pairs a year. They aren't great, but theyre comfy and no BS pockets.

Thoughts?

If you are referring to the ones (from WM) in the pic then I attest to this. I have a pair in every color. The ones with the zip pocket on both leg are favorable.

If you need something less "outdoorsy" and more slacks looking check these: https://www.redkap.com/mens-industrial-cargo-pant/PT88.html

I was issued some for work 4 years ago. 2 pair are showing threads apart at seams, albeit in heavy abuse areas. 1 pair at bottom of zipper and other in the middle of the right cargo pocket at the very bottom. They are hands down the most durable "cheap" pants I've ever seen. They see HEAVY rotation for work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210709-005013-400.png
      Screenshot_20210709-005013-400.png
      322.3 KB · Views: 19

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Vertx

They are more than $50 straight from the manufacturer, but usually less thru other retailers, especially when you catch a sale. Well made, less “tactical” looking.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Check Rural King to see what's on the shelf.

Also, you might consider low ball bids on-line for light weight cotton white painter overalls. They're nothing but roomy pants with integral suspenders and being cotton you can dye them any color for cheap. I'm a conservative fellow so my latest ones are now an artfully mottled walnut but they could have been tie-dyed red, white and blue for the 4th just as easily.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Vertx

They are more than $50 straight from the manufacturer, but usually less thru other retailers, especially when you catch a sale. Well made, less “tactical” looking.
    There is a vendor at the Indy 1500 that sell Vertex "seconds". The flaws are very minor and probably can't be found. Way less than $50/pair. You should get there Friday before the selection of colors and sizes gets picked over.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I second the recommendations for Duluth and Vertx. For tough cargo pants that last, the Duluth Firehose line is tough to beat. I like their flex pants too, but not as much as the Vertx.

I am all in on the Vertx Delta Stretch for every day wear. They don't scream "tactical pants" but the pocket setup is pretty great. I can fit all my EDC gear easily without having to stuff most of it in my front pockets.

One thing I will say, the Vertx seem to have a shorter inseam. Both have crotch gussets so add some extra ballroom and flexibility, but the Vertx tend to hug a little bit closer up, so I am seeing some fabric wear in the crotch gussets. Duluth tends to have just a little bit more breathing room down there. That also means that the Vertx tend to have a shorter fly.

For me each brand shows wear spots in different places. The Duluth firehose are pretty bullet proof, but the flex line begins to get permanent creases and wrinkles after a while, especially in the front from sitting a lot. I've been wearing the same pair of Vertx Delta Stretch 3-4 times a week for about 4 months now and haven't noticed much creasing yet.

Top Bottom