• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I have used a Pelican headset for several years and have found them effective and of a solid build quality. They are not as lightweight as some, but they really drop the db effectively. I am personally not a big fan of in-ear protection as other delicate tissue around the ear can allow the sound waves some access to the ear bones. I used high quality in-ear plugs with very light over the ear (for heavy shooting days) for years and have a pronounced and ENT diagnosed hearing loss in my right ear.

Just my 2 cents.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have the HL Impacts, The Walkers Razors, and a set of the Peltor Tac Sports.

EVERY SINGLE PAIR has noisefighter gel pads on them for MUCH greater comfort with eye pro, as it has a relief cut for the stems of the glasses.

Out of the three I own, the Peltors are by far the best overall. The HL Impacts are 2nd, the sound quality and electronics are not as good as the peltors. The Walkers are okay, but there is always feedback when you put them on and the electronics are on par with the Impacts.

As someone else mentioned, I also keep surefire plugs in my bag for situations when I want something more low profile or extra protection under the muffs.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    I have the HL Impacts, The Walkers Razors, and a set of the Peltor Tac Sports.

EVERY SINGLE PAIR has noisefighter gel pads on them for MUCH greater comfort with eye pro, as it has a relief cut for the stems of the glasses.

Out of the three I own, the Peltors are by far the best overall. The HL Impacts are 2nd, the sound quality and electronics are not as good as the peltors. The Walkers are okay, but there is always feedback when you put them on and the electronics are on par with the Impacts.

As someone else mentioned, I also keep surefire plugs in my bag for situations when I want something more low profile or extra protection under the muffs.

Which model of Peltors, specifically? The ones I'm finding all look like they would interfere with rifle or shotgun stocks. Any specific model of gel replacement pads?

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    I have used a Pelican headset for several years and have found them effective and of a solid build quality. They are not as lightweight as some, but they really drop the db effectively. I am personally not a big fan of in-ear protection as other delicate tissue around the ear can allow the sound waves some access to the ear bones. I used high quality in-ear plugs with very light over the ear (for heavy shooting days) for years and have a pronounced and ENT diagnosed hearing loss in my right ear.

Just my 2 cents.

I already have hearing loss and tinnitus, abused my ears in many ways in the past. Motorcycle racing, loud rock concerts, shooting with ineffective ear protection, all contributed to the damage. Just trying to preserve what I have left.

Appreciate the contribution, I will look at the Pelicans.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I like my Peltor Range Guard's. I can hear the wind in the trees, or conversation, and still hear after firing. I've had one set of batteries in them for about a year now and they still work fine.

I wish I had these before I lost most of my hearing.

Top Bottom