• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but have you seen the cost of a wedding lately?

You may have to sell both.

Oh, and congratulations.
    My daughter got married a year and a half ago. Based on that, it could require selling both, give plasma and a trip to Mexico to sell a gently used kidney on the black market.
    Weddings are crazy expensive.
    On a serious note, I think those who mentioned list both and let go of whichever sells first and if you think you need some more funds let the other go. Both can be replaced down the road when life allows it. I think many of us have had to sell something to fund something that means more to us.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Is the granddaughter not interested in firearms? Or the new husband? I vote for figuring out the answer to that. Not only could it possibly improve your relationship……. It could also change the denomination of the wedding gift…. If it went the other way…… if granddaughter is close to you….. I think she would really appreciate a gift like this that means something instead of something of a bed bath beyond gift registry.

And if they don’t have any home protection this is a very thoughtful gift.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Or plasma! Man, they pay good money for plasma these days. I remember getting 10 bucks a donation (at the place on the Levee in W. Lafayette whose name escapes me) back around 1980 or so. Now I think it's over 100!
    My girlfriend earned $800 over six weeks at BioLife.

I did one donation session and it’s not for me, too much like a chemo lab. And you get very cold, because it separates your blood from the plasma and sends the blood back into you through a very large IV needle.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    My girlfriend earned $800 over six weeks at BioLife.

I did one donation session and it’s not for me, too much like a chemo lab. And you get very cold, because it separates your blood from the plasma and sends the blood back into you through a very large IV needle.
    No, the cold part was the freezer temp rapid saline infusion afterwards. Man! What a rush!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Or plasma! Man, they pay good money for plasma these days. I remember getting 10 bucks a donation (at the place on the Levee in W. Lafayette whose name escapes me) back around 1980 or so. Now I think it's over 100!
    I believe one can earn $1200 per month if they donate plasma 3 x per week, over four consecutive weeks. That's over $15,000 annually, if one is consistent in their donations during that time!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I believe one can earn $1200 per month if they donate plasma 3 x per week, over four consecutive weeks. That's over $15,000 annually, if one is consistent in their donations during that time!
    I have a friend in Muncie that does it, she does twice a week. They pay her $30.00 the first visit and $60.00 the second visit.
    I thought she said she could only donate twice a week.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have a friend in Muncie that does it, she does twice a week. They pay her $30.00 the first visit and $60.00 the second visit.
    I thought she said she could only donate twice a week.
    I have a friend who's sister works at a BioLife Plasma center in Fort Wayne...the numbers are what I was told.
    I do know that one has to go through a health screening and certain medical conditions can either inhibit or limit the frequency of donations.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have a friend who's sister works at a BioLife Plasma center in Fort Wayne...the numbers are what I was told.
    I do know that one has to go through a health screening and certain medical conditions can either inhibit or limit the frequency of donations.
    I didn't mean you weren't telling the truth.
    Knowing her issues I'm sure she has limitations for donating.
    I always just thought it was interesting it doesn't pay the same each time she donates.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I didn't mean you weren't telling the truth.
    Knowing her issues I'm sure she has limitations for donating.
    I always just thought it was interesting it doesn't pay the same each time she donates.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    No issues...I do know that if one doesn't hit the 12 donates per month number, it doesn't pay the same for the less than 12 visits either, I just don't know what they pay in that situation?

Top Bottom