• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xxlmac3xx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Decatur
    So I'm looking for a nice 9mm easy to conceal. I've been doing research on them but I'd like more opinions. Looking fora smaller gun and something easier for my girlfriend to shoot because she doesn't really like shooting my .45

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I would run up to Ft. Wayne and either check out ZX Guns or make the Ft. Wayne gunshow this weekend and catch them their... They have a nice selection, great prices, are have always been very patient if you want to handle a few options...

A Glock 19 or the Smith M&P line would be worth looking at to see if either feels good to you... As for something your GF might like, IMO, I wouldn't try to full fill both your needs with just (1) gun... Get the 9mm you want that feels good to you, then consider having her find a .22 that feels good to her... The reason I say this is because if she already doesn't enjoy shooting your .45, I would think there would be a good chance she wouldn't enjoy your 9mm either. Start her with a .22, make it fun for her, let her build a little confidence, then your chance of her enjoying something bigger will be greater...

Good luck with your decision !

xxlmac3xx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Decatur
    I thought about getting a cheap 9 for her to shoot around with. I looked at the keltec p11 and the sccy cpx-2. Any thoughts on those? Also I've heard good things and bad things about hi points, and thoughts on those?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Ruger LC9 for a really concealable 9 or a Ruger SR9c for a bit more firepower that is still easy to conceal.

Both are also easy on the pocket...

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I thought about getting a cheap 9 for her to shoot around with. I looked at the keltec p11 and the sccy cpx-2. Any thoughts on those? Also I've heard good things and bad things about hi points, and thoughts on those?

P11 - Long, heavy trigger pull
    CPX-2 - Sketchy quality
    Hi-Point - Too heavy and bulky to conceal.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Can't go wrong with Kahr. This past 2 months I've purchased 5 kahrs... and sold a few other handguns I never used. A CW9 is a excellent carry, target, bed, everything gun.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I was personally thinking about getting a glock 26 or a Springfield xds. But I still wanted to see what every one else likes
    If you go with the XDS make sure it's not one of the recall affected guns or that the recall work has been done. If the work has been done you will see a roll pin through the grip safety.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne

How many chances you think you have with her ? How many times will she afford you taking her to the range only to find out she didn't enjoy shooting whatever you had ? I would take a little time and be sure to have her pick it out... Again, a .22 would probably give her the best chance of actually having fun...

Another thing to remember is many times, smaller framed = more felt recoil which can = unpleasant experience for a new shooter....

I was personally thinking about getting a glock 26 or a Springfield xds. But I still wanted to see what every one else likes

Either would be a good choice if they feel right to you.... There are many good options out there... ZX would have about everything under one roof and you wouldn't beat the price anywhere else...

With a good belt and holster, you wouldn't even have to stay at the sub compacts... A compact size can still be easily concealed... I would look at both sizes and see what felt best....

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Eaa witness elite. Its full size but lightweight and great to shoot. Accurate as hell and easy to take down and clean

Juffman2142

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2014
    Indiana
    kahr cw9 would be another excellent choice to those mentioned about. Also have you though of a dual caliber pistol for the girlfriend? get her something that she can run 22lr in for now and then when/if she feels comfortable change some parts and let her run a larger caliber.

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    The 9mm shield is beast... other good options would be Bersa BP9CC, LC9, SCCY gen-2, G26, ...youll find many other suggestions here as well

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu

Those are both great choices. What you guys shoot and like the feel of best is all that really matters. The only thing you need to remember
    is "you buy cheap, you get cheap".

Top Bottom