Looking for information on a couple of gun shops.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I am trying to track down a couple gun stores. One is in Morton IN. It's a little shop on 36. I stopped by there last fall on my way home from the covered bridge festival. They had a great selection of stuff but I can't seam to find the hours or a phone number. Or the name for that matter.

The second store is one I went to back when I was going to Purdue. It was call (forgive my spelling) Chootsie or Shootise Police Supply. They were downtown on the corner of Main St and something. The guy Chris I think and his wife owned it. I think Chris was a LEO. Last time I went there they had moved but I couldn't locate the store.

If you [STRIKE]guys[/STRIKE] fine people (PC) know of either of these two shops would you fill me in?

Thanks

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I am trying to track down a couple gun stores. One is in Morton IN. It's a little shop on 36. I stopped by there last fall on my way home from the covered bridge festival. They had a great selection of stuff but I can't seam to find the hours or a phone number. Or the name for that matter.

The second store is one I went to back when I was going to Purdue. It was call (forgive my spelling) Chootsie or Shootise Police Supply. They were downtown on the corner of Main St and something. The guy Chris I think and his wife owned it. I think Chris was a LEO. Last time I went there they had moved but I couldn't locate the store.

If you [STRIKE]guys[/STRIKE] fine people (PC) know of either of these two shops would you fill me in?

Thanks

Morton Country Storehttp://www.mortonarms.com/4919 W. U.S. Hwy 36
    Greencastle, IN 46135 [ Map ]
    1-765-739-6566
    sales@mortonarms.com
    M-Sat 8am – 5pm
    Sun 8am-4pm

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am trying to track down a couple gun stores. One is in Morton IN. It's a little shop on 36

One of my favorites.:D Love going down there.

It is called the Morton County Store, dba "Morton Arms".

MortonArms.com Home

The second store is one I went to back when I was going to Purdue. It was call (forgive my spelling) Chootsie or Shootise Police Supply. They were downtown on the corner of Main St and something. The guy Chris I think and his wife owned it. I think Chris was a LEO

Man, talk about a blast from the past.:D

Shuzi. Chris Shuzi, former Lafayette PD, then became a PUPD officer.

Why chase mopes down Wabash Avenue only to get in fights, when you can check doors and watch sorority girls from the parking garage?

The store was in the building where Mulhaupt's currently does business. It had a cool layout with a neat upstairs.

The store moved to Sagamore Parkway and was then sold to Lafayette Guns and Gear which moved to Glick Street. Lafayette Guns and Gear is no longer a store front (what two, three years ago) but may set up at gun shows still. Have not seen Les in a while.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Does Morton Arms still have the piles of handguns on the old school cafeteria lunch trays?

Man, a couple of times I was in there it looked like he put the handguns in the counter with a grain shovel.

Top Bottom