• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I've been looking around the net for a couple of hours now. I found this one: DeSantis Gunhide Mini Scabbard Ruger LC9 with LaserMax Belt Holster Right Hand Leather Black 019BAQ5Z0 and wondered if anyone had this holster. Finding one for the Lasermax seems to be a challenge. I use an Uncle Mikes IWB now, appendix carry, and was just looking for something with at least some retention. The only time I've had the gun slip from the holster is when I'm laying on my back so I'm not looking for retention because it comes out while walking. I'll keep the Uncle Mike's holster for concealed carry so I want something to use for open carry. Up until now I've never heard of DeSantis and the reviews seem to be really positive. I was hoping for some first hand experiences from you all and maybe some other suggestions. I've already ruled out the Fobus holster (mixed reviews on it) so you don't need to worry about linking me to one of those. As for retention, the trigger guard retention seems to be suitable for me. I haven't tried anything with a thumb-break, but I'm worried I would miss the break and lose draw-time if I really need to draw the weapon in a hurry.

One more thing to add, I would like to keep the Lasermax, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if I needed to remove it to get a great holster. I imagine I wouldn't have time to turn the laser on in a hurry anyway.

Top Bottom