• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I'm looking for my first gun and have always been drawn to the Sig line. My dad is on the forum and has a few Glocks that i've shot. I have no complaints about any of them, but for some reason the composite doesn't sit well with me. The action doesn't seem as solid to me. This is all personal preference to me and I had no issues with grouping or reliability with his pistols.

Let me preface this with the fact that I don't wish to put thousands of rounds through this pistol, I enjoy shooting but don't take it as far as hobby as most. I'm looking for a well manufactured metal frame weapon that will last a lifetime (being well maintained of course) and that shows a little tradition. To me the Sig's are pieces of art and i'm coming to you guys to ask you how they handle.

I haven't had the opportunity to shoot a Sig yet, but i've done quite a bit of research on the history and gunsmithing on these pistols.

I'm looking for a solid, crisp action. Tight tolerances and a well engineered weapon. Precise grouping and reliability.

Is this going to be a weapon that I will continually enjoy?

Please no Glock/HP/S&W debates. I want details on the Sig line of pistols, more specifically the P220 carry if you have experience.

I am open to other suggestions as well, just please make them educated and detailed.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    :welcome: to :ingo:

I went with the P220 Compact over the Carry. My thinking was this; I actually carry my Sig, and the hardest part of any pistol to conceal is the grip. The P220 Compact has a shortened grip that holds a 6 round mag instead of an 8 round mag. It (the Compact) will accept the 8 round mag if you buy a "sleeve" and will then approximate the grip of a standard P220.

If I were to get an 8 round P220, it would be the full size P220 as I never have had a problem concealing the barrel.

PA301736.jpg

Ignore the PMR-30 and concentrate on the Sig mag.... ;)

PB233062-1.jpg

Last edited:

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    My P-220R Carry SAO is my favorite handgun to shoot. For me, it's a bit heavy for daily carry but I do love it.

s5ifiq.jpg

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I'm not looking for a C&C type weapon at this time, just something for home protection and occasional target practice. I enjoy the weight of a metal framed pistol and ilikethe lines and engineering of the 220. In a perfect world I would be able to find the SAS model locally for ~800.

farva118

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    I had a Sig P-245, which is the early version of the sig P-220 compact. It was a great shooting gun and was good for C&C. I decided it wasn't for me, just because I find myself enjoying shooting 1911 platforms.

Great guns, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I had money lying around.

Top Bottom