Looking for opinions on the Gerber Covert Auto.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've been doing a bit of research on auto knives. The one I've just about decided on is the Gerber Covert Auto.

Do any of you have any experiance with this knife? Here is a link to the Gerber page about the knife.

Thanks.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I've been doing a bit of research on auto knives. The one I've just about decided on is the Gerber Covert Auto.

Do any of you have any experiance with this knife? Here is a link to the Gerber page about the knife.

Thanks.

Looks like a nice knife my son has one of the mini Applegate Gerbers (not an auto) and it is quite nice. Several other knifes are available at that price point but I really can't see anything wrong with this Gerber.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Thanks for the feedback, all of you.

The serrations are the only thing I would change about this knife. It would be great if Gerber offered it without them.

If I could get the same basic design (sans serrations) from another maker, I would consider it instead of the Gerber.

Thanks again.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Hmmm, wish I could offer more a review than Gerber=cheap and potentially dangerously cheap

The problem with Gerber is they put their name on every thing from ultra cheap garbage to some decent quality kit. It's a shame because once upon a time, Gerber was synonymous with a good quality American made product. That said, the Applegate folders are a great folder for the money.

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    There are a number of whitetailed deer who spilled their guts and lost their skin to my Gerber knives. I haven't bought one in well over 15 years though.
    That being said....
    Honestly, I would pass on this one and find something without serrations. I would prefer a single edge, but there are double edged auto's out there. The serrations just don't seem to fit the application of a folder.

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    A buddy just picked up a Covert Auto. We both have assisted Coverts and neither of us carry them because the blades won't hold an edge for long. The auto is made with S30V so it should perform a lot better. It feels more solid than the assisted one as well. He uses a knife numerous times a day so when he starts carrying it in a couple weeks I'll be able to give some feedback.

Top Bottom