Looking for oversized wood or laminate grips...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    I need some referrals or links to current sites where I can find some good looking grips, preferably wood or laminate with a variety of color/pattern choices.

The Handguns I am consdering swapping grip on are the following --

Taurus-- Tracker (44mag, 357 mag, 22 lr ) a Model 44ss (44 mag), Model 441 (44 Spl), Old Style Model 66 357 mag. Model 945 (45apc).

Ruger-- Security Six (357 mag), BH 44 mag square trigger guard, BH 357 mag round trigger guard,

S&W Model 910

Browning High Power

Charles Daly- 357 mag (Colt SAA Clone)

No I won't be doing these all at once, but over time I would like to improve their appearance and shootability, and frankly, I am sick of looking at the black rubber/plastic Hogue-style grips

I just ordered a set of grips for my Ruger Security Six and hope to begin working on the Taurus group soon.

ANY help with links to grip-venders or custom grip-makers would be appreciated by this old guy.:ingo:

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    :drool:
    K-SQ_CP_SB_wM.jpg

I've been looking on ebay, gunbroker, and gunsamerica. There are a lot out there.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Thanks Guys the two links provided have pretty much what I am looking for. Now to be sure those fit the guns I want to change.
    I'll post a before and after photo when I do the swaps

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    OK, Here is the first set. My Ruger Security Six, w/ Jeweled trigger and hammer, and Ported Barrel. The photos show the before (Black Rubber) and After (Badger Laminate) Grips.

13328.jpg

13329.jpg

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Engineer
    My street is the county line, I am on the Floyd County side, across the street is Harrison Cty. about 3 miles south of Lanesville, out St John's Church Road

Ordered a set of Rosewood oversized grips for the large-fram Taurus revolver (either my mod 44 or mod 441) doing one or two at a time. I really am sick of the black rubber look.

http://gungripsupply.com/item71.htm

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Wow...that's REALLY in my neck of the woods. I've been a member at St. John's my entire life...my family has been in Lanesville for generations. Small world

Last edited:

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    OK, I shared my Ruger Security Six Grip-change. yesterday I got a set of Rosewood oversized grips to fit the large frame Taurus Revolvoler..I have three in that size, a 44 mag a 44 spl and an older model 66. I like what the grips did to improve the appearance of the 44 magnum. Here is the before and after of the changeover.

13334.jpg

13335.jpg

13336.jpg

Top Bottom