Looking for privately owned land to shoot on.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S1kShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2024
    Indianapolis
    Looking for someone to allow my fiance and I to shoot on their land, willing to pay an annual or monthly fee, this would just be recreational shooting, no hunting/fishing, I would be able to provide my own steel targets as well.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I would suggest just going to Bass & Bucks in Walbash, you can shoot out to 750 yds there.
    Bass and bucks is great. @S1kShooter Depending where in Indy you are, Indiana Ordnance Innovations is about the closest you’ll find long (and short range), out to 1400 yards. I don’t think you’ll have any luck from strangers. Relationships for shooting land generally happen organically. People who own a lot of property generally don’t go “Oh, I found someone who wants to shoot on my land, awesome!” Tens of thousands want that. But power to you if you find someone.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I don’t think you’ll have any luck from strangers. Relationships for shooting land generally happen organically. People who own a lot of property generally don’t go “Oh, I found someone who wants to shoot on my land, awesome!” Tens of thousands want that. But power to you if you find someone.
    Agreed. He'll need to find a club or range to shoot at.

The only people shooting on my land are me, myself, I, and close family.

S1kShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2024
    Indianapolis
    Bass and bucks is great. @S1kShooter Depending where in Indy you are, Indiana Ordnance Innovations is about the closest you’ll find long (and short range), out to 1400 yards. I don’t think you’ll have any luck from strangers. Relationships for shooting land generally happen organically. People who own a lot of property generally don’t go “Oh, I found someone who wants to shoot on my land, awesome!” Tens of thousands want that. But power to you if you find someone.
    Yea I already figured this would be the case, but thought I’d give it a try, I have family in Evansville, IN and close friends in Rensselaer, IN but it’s just not logical to drive 2-3 hours every time I want to get out, also I like to do moving drills and shoot faster than 1 round per second at times, I go to public ranges but not often lol I also have a buddy who’s grandparents own some land down in brown county but can only shoot there when I’m with him. But doesn’t hurt to try

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yea I already figured this would be the case, but thought I’d give it a try, I have family in Evansville, IN and close friends in Rensselaer, IN but it’s just not logical to drive 2-3 hours every time I want to get out, also I like to do moving drills and shoot faster than 1 round per second at times, I go to public ranges but not often lol I also have a buddy who’s grandparents own some land down in brown county but can only shoot there when I’m with him. But doesn’t hurt to try
    I would say if you want to move and shoot you should look at Atlanta Conservation Club, in Atlanta, IN for that. With what you want you might end up joining at least two clubs.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Most Ranges / Clubs I know of Only allow shooting at Standard Paper Targets
    Growing up my dad would take us to the local Dump where we could shoot Bottles / Cans / Misc things that you could see being Destroyed ... much more satisfying than holes in a paper target

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I see several of the larger shooting clubs listed up-thread. I've shot at some of them and they are excellent, but many small-town 'conservation clubs' still operate from the 1940s and 50s. The problem is that they don't advertise and can be hard to find. There are four (that I know of) within 30 minutes of my house with three being 45 minutes or less from Indianapolis.
    New Ross Conservation Club, Linden Conservation Club, Advance Conservation Club and Crawfordsville. Depending on their insurance coverage, they offer varying degrees of range quality and rules. If you find one you like, membership is cheap.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I hosted a few jungle run shoots at my place as well as shooting golf (a shooting course where a foursome starts at a hundred yards, takes one pistol shot at a colored balloon, then moves up ten yards until you hit, repeat for nine “holes”).

The first one was just close friends and family. Tons of fun. The next two I allowed some folks I didn’t personally know well and had to deal with poor gun handling, fingers on triggers while sweeping other people (“eeet ain’t loaded”) and cigarette butts on my property. Never again.

Good luck to OP, but I suggest making friends with someone nearby.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I hosted a few jungle run shoots at my place as well as shooting golf (a shooting course where a foursome starts at a hundred yards, takes one pistol shot at a colored balloon, then moves up ten yards until you hit, repeat for nine “holes”).

The first one was just close friends and family. Tons of fun. The next two I allowed some folks I didn’t personally know well and had to deal with poor gun handling, fingers on triggers while sweeping other people (“eeet ain’t loaded”) and cigarette butts on my property. Never again.

Good luck to OP, but I suggest making friends with someone nearby.
    I’m sorry to hear that happened. The lack of firearm safety, and respect for your personal property and your generosity is a sad reality. But it is a reality unfortunately.

Top Bottom