Looking for range friends near Indianapolis!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I commend you both on your approach.

I have several m&p's at any Ingoers disposal. Though I am closer to the west side at marion county fish & game.
    M&p full size, pro, and compact in 9mm. also have an m&p in .22 (good trainer).

A few INGOers here have converted after trying them.
    Bonus, you can pm me, since I am a moderator.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hey, thanks! My mom and I are probably going to hit the range this morning.

I know that BG and Trading Post have storms to rent! Trading post has all 3 full, compact and sc, also the XD of some sort.

I know BG has a storm to try out but not sure what others...

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Thanks! Sorry, I've been busy the last couple of days.

I went to the meeting and all of the members we very nice and helpful!
    I really appreciate everyone who recommended going

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Go to fcvcc.org and look at Fall Creek Conservation Club's schedule. They have a Women On Target class several times a year and it is a great place to shoot. Also consider Highsmith's indoor shooting range in Greenfield. They may have the rental pistol that you want to try.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    And ^THIS^ is why I love INGO. We have some great Members here, don't we??
    Indeed, most of the members are awesome :D

Go to fcvcc.org and look at Fall Creek Conservation Club's schedule. They have a Women On Target class several times a year and it is a great place to shoot. Also consider Highsmith's indoor shooting range in Greenfield. They may have the rental pistol that you want to try.

I'll check it out, Thanks!

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Well if your still shopping for that Bersa Thunder 9 UC, USDS has one down on the south side, as well as other compacts. Also if your in the Greenwood area check out Elmore's and The outdoorsman. I live in the area and frequent those three almost weekly, if you want some company I'll gladly meet you there and give ya some introduction to the guys I know. My girlfriend is new to shooting as well and close to your age, I'm 24 and shes turning 20. feel free to message me if you get the notion to come down to my side of town!

JaneDoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I do not know many friends/relatives that carry or even own firearms.. :( So I am looking for some friendly and patient buddies around the south Indy area (I've visited Beech Grove & Trading post) that can help me make a handgun decision *Hence the patience :):* As someone who is female and not quite 21, I'm shy by about 6 months, I walk around the shop feeling a little discouraged :rolleyes:. My mom and I are going to take some pistol classes together soon and we are waiting for our licenses to be mailed.

I would LOVE to meet some friends who have in 9mm:
    Beretta px4 storm sc.
    Bersa thunder uc pro 9
    M&P compact 9
    Springfield XD (m)
    or possibly shield

^ my top 4 as if right now. I have held all of them but the Bersa thunder because I cannot find one anywhere!
    I would like to try these out before buying any gun, so if you have any that I would be able to try at the range, please reply. Even if you don't but would like to be friends please do so! *I also like the feel of the Ruger sr9c, a couple sigs, and maybe some of the Glocks that don't have the short grip too. I have relatively big hands for a female and long fingers. I guess as if now I do not have a set preference when it comes to striker fired or hammer, but I definitely want a DA/SA or DAO and a double stack mag(love how the px4 feels in my hand).

I have been to the range once so far with relatives. I have shot a ruger LCP, too tiny for my hand, and I kept pressing the mag release while shooting.
    I've shot an older ruger full size 9mm. I've also shot a .357 revolver full sized. I do not know if I am recoil sensitive, or I am just nervous because this is all new to me. I did not feel any pain while shooting, but the "jumpiness", and the "fire" out the barrel is what catches me by surprise. I've read that it's common for beginners to feel uncomfortable at first. I also read in many places that you should start out with .22 caliber??? I do not want to develop any bad habits.

Now I am not sure if I would need my mom to be with me when I go to the range because I'm not 21 yet, but she is looking for a .22 or possibly .380 and lease likely 9mm. She likes how the the walthers, taurus, and the M&P feel in her hands.

Thank you for reading this, and I hope that I can make some INGO friends :) especially ones that I can learn from and meet up!!

*by the way, I would like both female and male friends, do not hesitate to message me or reply! I am friendly :D

Hi Jenn!

Even though we're friends on here, I can't message you because I don't have enough posts :( I was even going to reply to your initial welcome post, but I can't do that either lol. I noticed you don't have the Glock 19 (9mm) in your list, which is what I carry. :D You mentioned you have big hands with long fingers and I had to laugh because I DO TOO!:laugh: My Glock is midsize, so it's not too big, but it's not some little dainty gun either. Just thought I'd mention it to you - I'd highly recommend you try it!

As far as friends go, I don't have any that are even really comfortable that I carry a gun. I was thrilled to have found out about the IndySouth TWAW meeting this Sunday - hope to finally meet some like minded women!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Add a Sig P938 or P238 to your list of options as long as they are not cost prohibitive. I just picked up a P938 and it replaced my Shield as my EDC.

Top Bottom