• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbafta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Warrick Co.
    Anyone know of any custom steel fab shops in Indiana that makes replacement buckets? I've searched the web forever and that only thing I can find close to what I'm looking for is in Missouri close to the Kansas boarder. We have an old 4000 Ford tractor with a Freeman Loader and the bucket finally disintegrated. Just looking for something cheap.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You might give this a try. I bought a grapple bucket from them and had it shipped about 4 years ago. Back then, it was Markham Welding and I think this outfit bought him out. IIRC, I paid somewhere around $11-1200 shipped for the grapple. I'd think a straight bucket would be cheaper.

Low Profile Bucket - NAI

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Do your loader arms have the universal quick attach system?

If not then you will probably have to supply your old bucket, or maybe even your loader, to the bucket maker. A proprietary bucket is going to require custom fabrication. A local welding shop may be your best choice as they could easily make a bucket to fit. But without a universal QA system then you've got all sorts of measurements that you'll have to provide to make sure it fits.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Do your loader arms have the universal quick attach system?

If not then you will probably have to supply your old bucket, or maybe even your loader, to the bucket maker. A proprietary bucket is going to require custom fabrication. A local welding shop may be your best choice as they could easily make a bucket to fit. But without a universal QA system then you've got all sorts of measurements that you'll have to provide to make sure it fits.

The link I supplied didn't give any specific mounting applications so I'm guessing they configure the attachment system to whatever you need. A company that makes a universal bucket and then just has to customize the mounting attachments will probably be a good bit cheaper than going to Jim Bob's Welding Shop and having a total one off bucket built.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The link I supplied didn't give any specific mounting applications so I'm guessing they configure the attachment system to whatever you need.
    Actually the link you provided was for skid steer implements, which use a universal skid steer mount that is specific to skid steers (different standard than used on tractors).

A company that makes a universal bucket and then just has to customize the mounting attachments will probably be a good bit cheaper than going to Jim Bob's Welding Shop and having a total one off bucket built.
    I've actually had really good luck with a local machine shop making implements to my spec at great prices. I've got a few custom implements that were made by a local fab shop and they were cheaper than I could have gotten elsewhere, especially given that I didn't have to pay expensive shipping costs since I could just pick it up locally.

Your mileage may vary. But its certainly worth a try and has worked for me.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I own a fab/weld shop. I think shipping would kill ya though. Want me to work up some 3d prints for you? Any local weld shop should be able todo it, especially if you brought them prints.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Where is your shop located?

All, well pretty much all, the machine tools (boring bars, bigger lathes, larger mills) are in Cedartucky. majority of the welding stuff happens at a different location in Lowell. Majority of the welding work is done at customer sites for repair stuff though.

Top Bottom