• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    This summer I want to do something special for my daughter and father, both of which have taken up pistol shooting recently.

Based on the fact that my first handgun was a Tokarev, they both got one too. Now three generations of our family have Tokarev pistols and I would like to find a really good gunsmith in Central Indiana to turn them into family heirlooms.

1. I would like to have them refinished in something like a black Duracoat to give them a more modern appearance
    2. I would like to have the barrels and triggers polished to contrast the flat black.
    3. Most importantly I would like to have custom grips made that are either engraved or carved with the animal designs that my daughter came up with for each of us. These could be wood, metal, or plastic.

I realize that at the end of the day this is a lot of work to put into a Tokarev, but this is really about sentimentality and family, not about the value of the Tokarev as a handgun.

Can anyone recommend someone that could do this kind of work?

Thanks,
    James

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have not been to him, but Bradis guns put me onto a smith in Mooresville. Others I have talked to have confirmed he is a good guy to go to. You would have to check with Bradis guns to get his name and number, but I am sure he will be great.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Thank you very much for the info. Bradis Guns is actually were two of the three Tokarev's were purchased.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Thanks glad you like the idea. If I can find someone to do the work, I'll be sure to post pics of the finished product.

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Thank you very much for the contacts. I have reached out to both to see if they have any interest in the project.

James

Top Bottom