• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    I need to have some engraving done to a revolver, and I was wondering how the smiths in the NWI area stacked up. I don't know much about the shops other than rumors. I would like to know about what your experience with their quality, service, and turn around time.

The shops in particular that I am looking at are Gutridge, D&D Weapons, and Cross Saber.

Last edited:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    know that Gutridge does not engrave I don't know about the others mentioned .Terry miller in Howe does good work .Mike Yazel in Mentone does nice work from what i have seen. Make sure that you look at any engravers work before,once done you are stuck with it, you decide

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    know that Gutridge does not engrave I don't know about the others mentioned .Terry miller in Howe does good work .Mike Yazel in Mentone does nice work from what i have seen. Make sure that you look at any engravers work before,once done you are stuck with it, you decide

You betcha, be very prudent with whom you hire to engrave a firearm. Its a investment and you should treat it that way. The last engraver I used was John Schippers.. I am very happy with what he did a d i though he was very reasonably priced. 317-773-6569 He lives around Nobelsville. He teaches a few different firearm / engraving classes also. He normally does the Tipton GS and the black powder shows at Hamilton co fairgrounds.
    What firearm do you want done ? Blue or stainless ?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Looking at The firearms engravers guild of America website the only
    Master Engraver in Indiana is,,
    I did not look to see of anybody else is a member.

Michael W Dubber
    8205 Heather Place
    Evansville, IN 47710
    812-867-3039
    MWDUB@AOL.COM

Top Bottom