• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    I am looking for a class for basic hand gun skills and safety, with an option for a more indepth class. I was hoping to find something in Central Indiana so as not to have to drive so far. Not so much a class to tell me which is the gun and which is the bullet but a class that can really help me with form and technique. Any suggestions?

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    ACT has BP100 and IP101 classes coming up on 13NOV (thread in this forum) and we also offer private instruction. The BP/IP series is a great primer for our Defensive Pistol series.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am looking for a class for basic hand gun skills and safety, with an option for a more indepth class. I was hoping to find something in Central Indiana so as not to have to drive so far. Not so much a class to tell me which is the gun and which is the bullet but a class that can really help me with form and technique. Any suggestions?

Good advice. Those classes are exactly what you are looking for.

As obijohn mentioned, our BP100 and IP101 classes would be ideal for you. We're doing both of them on 13NOV10 near Greencastle, which is in central Indiana as per dcolip's preference. Both classes are about 4 hours. BP100 covers safety, safe gun handling, the mechanics of guns, and basic marksmanship. IP101 then continues with more gunhandling skills like drawing from the holster and more in-depth shooting skills. Each class is $45 prepaid.

Please contact one of us via email if you have questions or want to register for either or both of the classes.

Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com
    Aron@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    another :+1: for Adapative Consulting and Training.

some video I took from their classes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3zC-kS2CPM]YouTube - ACT Self-Defense Seminar[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYO3DKlEqAs]YouTube - A.C.T. - Intermediate Pistol 101[/ame]

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN

Indy Gun Safety is offering the NRA's Basic Pistol course on November 20th at our Fishers facility. We also offer a concealed carry/defensive pistol course and the two can be purchased together at a substantial discount. The Defensive Pistol class is always done one on one.

Our NRA certified instructors will guide you through basic pistol even if you have never fired a gun before! You don't even need to own a handgun. We provide everything. If you do have a handgun you may train with it in the class. But you will handle and fire semi-automatics and revolvers, and even a suppressed gun!

Indy Gun Safety uses state-of-the-art technology (S.I.R.T laser guns) to ensure your understanding of the fundamentals of safety and marksmanship before we ever leave the classroom for the range. We are the only school in the Indy Metro area to utilize this technology.

Please see our website Indy Gun Safety Home for more information.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Our Security Team at Church is looking for some training. We have a 10 man security team and we are searching for some good training. We do not have a very large budget so we are looking for any kind of help that will not dig deep into our pockets and do not know where to start. If anyone has any leads. Our area would be close but we are willing to travel if not too far.:popcorn:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I HIGHLY recommend ACT training. They are great teachers, and the course content makes sense. They can start you at the beginners level and move you on up. You can take classes with groups, or individual training. These were the folks I chose to give my wife her first formal training, and took it with her as well as shooting in a couple of their Instructional League matches for competition shooting. I've been very impressed.

Top Bottom