• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Try rubbing some cold blue on it first. I have some extra if you swing by Fishers and if you want to try it at your own risk.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Whats the gun? If it has a lot of sentimental value id say keep it as is. I have a few with bumps and bruises id never refinish for the same reason

It's a captured Helwan. Basically a knock off Beretta
    My grandfather brought it back after it was "liberated" during WWII. I've gone back and forth over the last 20 years on whether to keep it original or clean it up.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Try rubbing some cold blue on it first. I have some extra if you swing by Fishers and if you want to try it at your own risk.

Thanks for the offer. It's definitely a non shooter so if I decide to go through with this, I want a pretty meticulous job and that's definitely above my pay grade.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Whats the gun? If it has a lot of sentimental value id say keep it as is. I have a few with bumps and bruises id never refinish for the same reason

It's an old Helwan 9mm. It's got lots of bumps and bruises but I think I'd like it cleaned up so I can display it. In its current state, it's not worthy of the story in my opinion. I'm not looking for "like new" condition. I've gone back and forth for years on what to do with it but I think I've finally convinced myself to make it presentable.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    It's a captured Helwan. Basically a knock off Beretta
    My grandfather brought it back after it was "liberated" during WWII. I've gone back and forth over the last 20 years on whether to keep it original or clean it up.

It's an old Helwan 9mm. It's got lots of bumps and bruises but I think I'd like it cleaned up so I can display it. In its current state, it's not worthy of the story in my opinion. I'm not looking for "like new" condition. I've gone back and forth for years on what to do with it but I think I've finally convinced myself to make it presentable.

IMHO it would be worth more in the condition I got it from Grandpa.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    As a guy that restores/reblues old guns, I would strongly discourage you from doing it. Keep it oiled...keep it clean. Leave it the way your granddaddy found it.

Please.

I'd rather lose business and make a customer happy than to make a few bucks and ruin a cool piece.

Just my opinion. But, your gun...

Top Bottom